Official: IRS Energy Rules Still in Effect
- Unpopular Proposal Seeks Agency To United Arizona Transit System. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;9/20/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31475, p1
Reports the regulations of the Internal Revenue Services on municipal electric utility in Chicago, Illinois. Guidance and changes in the regulation provisions favorable for public power; Issues on output facilities used by both municipal and private utilities.
- IRS' New Muni Electric Rules Get a Tentative Thumbs Up. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;9/23/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31476, p7
Reports the rules of the Internal Revenue Service for municipal electric utilities in the U.S. Objectives of the regulations; Expectation of the American Public Power Association officials on the regulation; Information on the rules.
- Washington report. Bretz, Elizabeth A. // Electrical World;Feb94, Vol. 208 Issue 2, p16
Features news and developments concerning legislation on the electric power industry in the United States. Implications of marketing competition among electric utilities; Merging of interest groups of the nuclear industry.
- Legislative update. // Electrical World;Jul95, Vol. 209 Issue 7, Utility Business Quarterl p2
Presents news briefs on legislative updates. Federal Energy Regulatory Commission's notice on proposed rulemaking intended to make electric utilities open their transmission grids for comparable service to all users; Department of Energy's proposal to privatise three federal power marketing...
- Washington report. // Electrical World;Nov96, Vol. 210 Issue 11, p5
Presents updates on legislation affecting electric utilities in the United States as of November 1996, as reported in McGraw-Hill Energy Group's newsletters. Includes the proposed reauthorization of the Overseas Private Investment Corp. (OPIC); Federal Energy Regulatory Commission's order on...
- `Retail wheeling' proposes to break up utility monopoly. Wooley, David // Westchester County Business Journal;4/3/95, Vol. 34 Issue 14, p25
No abstract available.
- Flex energy rate bill changed after `unfair competition' charge. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;7/24/95, Vol. 195 Issue 13, p2
Reports on changes in the New Jersey Senate Bill S-1940 which was forced by leaders of the New Jersey Coalition for Fair Competition to prevent unfair competition by electric utilities. A-91 bill reviewed by the State Assembly Policy and Rules Committee; Areas affected by the bill.
- Special status for small systems. // Modern Power Systems;Apr96, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p5
Reports on the European Parliament's approval of a resolution that will protect small electricity systems when agreement is finally reached to open up the electricity market in Europe.
- Nevada eyeing California electric bill. Timmons, Tony // Las Vegas Business Press;09/30/96, Vol. 13 Issue 53, p10
Reports on the implications of the California Assembly Bill 1890 on the restructuring of the state's electricity industry on Nevada electric utilities. Establishment of an independent system operator and power exchange; Comments from Edison International president John Bryson.