Florida Readies Refunding, Lottery Bond Deals Totaling $551 Million
- Oregon Plays It Again. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;5/23/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31642, p1
Oregon will try its luck in the market when the state Department of Administrative Services will offer 83.8 million dollars in lottery revenue bonds. The sale is part of a long-term economic and community development plan. The lottery bond program has historically attracted investors because the...
- NORTH CAROLINA: School Debt Bills Stuck. deSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;5/31/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32640, p9
The article reports that numerous bills that could lead North Carolina to issue more debt for schools have failed to gain enough votes to pass from one legislative chamber to another. One bill would have provided for lottery proceeds that will be used to fund $3 billion of revenue bonds. Another...
- California Lottery Lags. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;5/27/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32886, p1
The article reports on the decreased rate of revenues from lotteries in California. Critics disagreed on Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger's plan to plug the state's budget gap through an issuance of bonds against future lottery revenue. He proposed to raise $15 billion through a lottery...
- Bond Capacity Put at $1.6B. Ward, Andrew // Bond Buyer;1/23/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33047, p9
The article focuses on the forecast on Oregon's bond capacity in fiscal year 2009 as reported by state Treasurer Ben Westlund. The Oregon State Debt Policy Advisory Commission noted that the state can issue as much as $979 million of new general fund-supported bonds and $616 million of lottery...
- SOUTHWEST INVISIBLE SUPPLY. // Bond Buyer;11/14/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31017, p25
Presents data on revenue bonds issued by various Southwestern States. Issuer and purpose; Underwriter choice; Expected sale date.
- Georgia tries something different and negotiates GOs. McKenna, Jon // Bond Buyer;12/02/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30531, p4
Reports on the state of Georgia's strategies in negotiating a $142.4 million general obligation bond issue. Net interest of the bond issues; Pricing method.
- Buyers: Market is set for California issue. Monsarrat, Sean // Bond Buyer;12/03/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30532, p2
Reports on California's plan to sell general obligation bonds competitively in December 1998. Mixed views of market participants about the loan's prospects; Need for investors to exercise caution in a crowded new-issue market.
- Bond calls & redemptions. // Bond Buyer;01/13/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30557, p24
Presents a chart depicting bond calls and redemptions in various American states as of January 13, 1999. Includes Arizona; California; Florida; Georgia.
- Midwest invisible supply. // Bond Buyer;01/13/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30557, p28
Presents a chart depicting bonds in various American states as of January 13, 1999. Includes Illinois; Michigan; Minnesota; Missouri.