Mass. Hospital System Hit by S&P Downgrade
- Merger of New England Cares in the works. // AHA News;04/21/97, Vol. 33 Issue 15, p6
Highlights the planned merger of Care Group in Boston, Massachusetts, and Care New England in Providence, Rhode Island. Combining of nine hospitals.
- CAREGROUP DOWNGRADED. // Bond Buyer;Jun2000 Supplement Health Care, Vol. 332 Issue 30904, p8a
Reports that Standard and Poor's Corp. has downgraded the credit rating of CareGroup Inc.
- Two Northeast Health Care Systems Part of Sector's Stabilizing Trend. // Bond Buyer;8/21/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31703, p3
Reports on credit ratings of two health care systems in the U.S. Overview of the rating of Massachusetts based Care Group Inc.; Information on debt structure of the group; Hospitals covered by rating agencies; Assessment of the management of New Jersey based Cooper Health System.
- Doctors perform cardiac combo. Ellison, Evelyn // Indianapolis Business Journal;09/15/97, Vol. 18 Issue 26, p1
Reports on the merger of Northside Cardiology and Storer Schmidt and Associates into the Care Group Inc. Combined number of cardiologists and other physicians; Client base; Ownership; Expansion plans.
- Cronin, Others Pitch CareGroup. Gianatasio, David // Adweek New England Edition;07/31/2000, Vol. 37 Issue 31, p5
Deals with the selection of three agencies to the final round of the review for the advertising account of CareGroup Healthcare System. Background on the services of the three advertising agencies.
- Massachusetts HEFA sells largest issue. Kaplan, David // Bond Buyer;01/13/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30309, p2
Focuses on the Massachusetts Health and Educational Facilities Authority's offering of revenue and refunding bonds for CareGroup Inc. Total worth of the issue; List of the previous bond issuances of the authority; Date of the issuance; Background to the establishment of CareGroup.
- Ready to go it alone. Lovern, Ed // Modern Healthcare;7/9/2001, Vol. 31 Issue 28, p12
Reports on the plan of Deaconess Waltham Hospital in Waltham, Massachusetts to pull out of Boston's CareGroup network. Projected loss of the hospital in 2001; Operating loss of Deaconess in 2000; Services provided by the hospital.
- Speed junkies. Becker, Cinda // Modern Healthcare;7/30/2001, Vol. 31 Issue 31, p12
Reports on the financial condition of Massachusetts-based hospital CareGroup. Resignation of James Reinertsen as chief executive officer of the company on July 23, 2001; Business losses sustained by the firm; Management and operation of the hospital.
- CareGroup begins restructuring. // Modern Healthcare;11/23/98, Vol. 28 Issue 47, p29
Reports that CareGroup in Boston has launched a restructuring plan. Details on the restructing plan; Comments from James Reinertsen, chief executive officer of CareGroup.