Denver Plans Debt Sale Tomorrow for Excise Tax Bonds
- Denver Moving Forward With $300M Hotel. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;4/5/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31359, p4
Reports on the use of excise tax revenue bonds for the construction of a convention center hotel in Denver, Colorado. Voter approval of the convention center expansion; Deviation from a plan for a private-public partnership; Inability to secure private funding for the project.
- Lodging Excise Tax Is Up, But Not Enough. Czurak, David // Grand Rapids Business Journal;5/10/2004, Vol. 22 Issue 19, p6
Reports on the increase in revenue from lodging excise tax in Kent County, Michigan for the first quarter of 2004, which funds most of the local convention industry. Bond payment for the DeVos Place convention center for the year 2004; Expected expenditures from the tax fund; Remarks from...
- Denver Sells Debt for Convention Center Today. Albanse, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;03/22/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31102, p3
Reports the sale of variable-rate excise tax bonds in Denver, Colorado. Funds for the expansion of the convention center; Valuation of the bonds; Excess of the excise tax collection.
- As Tourism Tax Backing Staggers, Houston Stadium Deal Delayed. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/17/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31245, p28
Focuses on the delay of Houston Stadium deal due to the decrease in tourism-related taxes in Dallas, Texas. Issuance of 200 million dollars of excise tax revenues; Support strategy in backing million of bonds; Importance of travelers coming to Dallas.
- No Reservations. Czurak, David // Grand Rapids Business Journal;2/21/2005, Vol. 23 Issue 8, p3
Reports on the willingness of State Senate Majority Leader Ken Sikkema to help with the hotel tax scenario in Kent County, Michigan. Reason why Kent officials should not worry about being pushed into another lodging excise tax category in 2010; Terms of the State Convention Facility Development...
- Spokane Valley, Wash., in Interlocal Agreement, Will Sell $7M for Center. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;9/4/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31712, p36
Reports on plans of the administration of Spoken Valley, Washington to issue $7 million general obligation bonds to finance the construction of a convention center in the city. Overview of a credit program of the state for the city; Appraisal of ratings of the convention center bonds.
- Florida Judge Needs Reason Why Before Dismissing Bond Request. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;12/19/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31040, p3
No abstract available.
- Birmingham City Council to Decide Future of Convention Center Plan. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;8/8/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31445, p33
Reports the debate on the issuance of bonds for domed sports and convention center complex by the City Council in Birmingham, Alabama. Issuance of bonds for the complex by the Birmingham-Jefferson Convention Complex Authority; Decision-making for the revenue division from the tax by the...
- It's meeting time! We're going to Omaha. Mysak, Joe // Las Vegas Business Press;4/22/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 16, p5
Comments on the sale of Conventional Hotel Corp. revenue bonds in Omaha. Intention of building a hotel next to the convention center; Expectation of the occupancy rate of the hotel; Specifications of the convention center.