NEWS IN BRIEF
- GLOSSARY. // Treasury Bulletin;Mar2012, p149
A glossary of words and phrases related to government financial operations in the U.S. is presented.
- Budget Surplus Disappears. Hickey, Jennifer G. // Insight on the News;9/17/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 35, p8
Comments on the decline in federal budget surplus of the United States in 2001. Issue over the presence of federal budget surplus on Medicare and Social Security funds; What Democrats see as a key to the increase of surplus; Reason cited by the administration for the smaller surplus.
- Treasury Slates Auction Paydown. Floyd, Daniel F. // Bond Buyer;12/29/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31047, p2
Reports on the United States Treasury Department's plan to pay down $4.567 billion at its weekly auction of discount bills by selling $23 billion to replace maturing securities.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. // Bond Buyer;10/24/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31498, p2
Presents news briefs to public finance in the U.S. as of October 24, 2002. Findings of a report made by the Federal Reserve Board on economic activity in the nation; Price of treasury notes auctioned off by the U.S. Treasury Department; Effect of rating agency Moody's Investor Service Inc.'s...
- Treasury 2-, 5-Years To Raise $11.701B Cash. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;8/28/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32701, p4
The article reports on the announcement made by the U.S. Treasury Department that it will raise about $11.701 billion new cash by auctioning $13 billion five-year notes on August 30, 2007 and $18 billion two-years notes on August 29. The Treasury is expected to refund $19.299 billion with the...
- Treasury 4-Week Bills To Raise $4B New Cash. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;8/28/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32701, p4
The article reports on the announcement made by the U.S. Treasury Department that it will sell $26 billion of four-week discount bills. The 28-day bills is expected to raise $4 billion of new cash and refund $26 billion of maturing bills. In addition, the bills have an issue date of August 30,...
- Bill Auction to Raise $3.197B New Cash. Floyd, Daniel F. // Bond Buyer;10/20/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31000, p2
Reports on the United States Treasury's plan to raise new cash at its weekly auction of discount bills.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Barnett, Chip; Floyd, Daniel F. // Bond Buyer;03/13/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31095, p2
Reports developments related to public finance in the United States as of March 2001. Dominance of the producer price index and retail sales reports in the economic indicators list; Decrease in the tender rate of treasury bills; Bond rate of the Maryland Industrial Development Finance Authority.
- Treasury Slates Bill Auction. Floyd, Daniel F. // Bond Buyer;05/04/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31132, p2
Focuses on the United States Treasury's plan to sell 91-day and 182-day discount bills to replace maturing securities.