Sector Woes in Remission?
- MONEY TALK. MINICH-POURSHADI, KAREN // HealthLeaders Magazine;Apr2011, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p40
The article looks at the credit ratings of healthcare systems in the U.S. as of April 2011 including Children's Hospital of the King's Daughters in Norfolk, Virginia, Concord Hospital in New Hampshire, and Central Florida Health Alliance in Leesburg.
- FINANCE DEALS UNLIKELY TO SLOW. // Trustee;Jul2008, Vol. 61 Issue 7, p4
The article reports on the impact of the troubled auction-rate securities on health systems in the U.S. According to Randy Waring of GE Healthcare Financial Services, some hospitals waited for the initial rush of bond deals to determine its effect on interest rates. He mentions that hospitals...
- BATTLE LINES. Page, Leigh // Modern Physician;Mar2003, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p14
Discusses the conflict between acute care and specialty hospitals in the U.S. as of March 1, 2003. Worry of officials at acute care hospitals about the rise of specialty hospitals; Reason that specialty hospitals claim to be more efficient than acute care hospitals; Issue surrounding a bill...
- It's time to plant the seeds for hospital issues' action. // AHA News;04/23/2001, Vol. 37 Issue 16, p6
Editorial. Calls for support for legislative and regulatory action on hospitals' advocacy agenda in the United States. Health care issues that need to be addressed; Concerns related to the Balanced Budget Act of 1997.
- Hospitals' positions on ballot issues backed by voters in three states. Margolis, Kyle // AHA News;11/11/2002, Vol. 38 Issue 44, p6
Reports on the actions taken by voters in several U.S. states in support of hospitals' positions on ballot issues related to health care. Decision on a proposal regarding sales tax on food in Arkansas; Percentage of voters who approved an amendment that will protect health care from budget cuts...
- Linkages. Apslund, Jon // AHA News;11/13/95, Vol. 31 Issue 46, p4
Presents developments in medical care in the United States. Tenet Healthcare Corp.'s sale of its international operations; Request for proposal sent by Sequoia Hospital District in Redwood City, California to affiliate with another health care organization; Horizon/CMS Healthcare Corp.'s...
- Tracking trends. // AHA News;07/21/97, Vol. 33 Issue 28, p4
Presents hospital and health care trends in the United States, as of December 1996. Includes inpatient revenue growth; Hospital admissions and visits; Hospital finances.
- State scans. // AHA News;05/11/98, Vol. 34 Issue 18, p6
Presents an update on health care system and hospitals in the United States. Medical guidelines issued by the Foundation for Healthy Communities; Legislation bill signed by Wisconsin Governor Tommy C. Thompson; Assertions made by New York State Health Commissioner Barbara DeBuono.
- Moving from awareness to action on reform. Bell, Clark W. // Modern Healthcare;1/3/94, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p26
Editorial. Discusses actions by hospitals in view of health care reforms. Awareness in 1993; Prospects on legislation; Hospitals' study of market and discussions; Identification of physician leaders; Necessity of cooperation and partnerships; Consolidation as strategy.