The District Strikes Back
- Economists Express Optimism, Despite Some Bad Signs. Vekshin, Alison // Bond Buyer;6/7/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31403, p4
Focuses on the economy of Washington. Decrease of the stock market prices; Increase of the unemployment rates; Percentage growth of gross domestic product.
- STATES AND OTHER AREAS OF THE U.S.: District of Columbia. // World Almanac & Book of Facts;2005, p440
The article gives economical, historical and demographic details of District of Columbia. Population density is 9,175.6 per square miles. It is located at the confluence of the Potomac and Anacostia rivers, flanked by Maryland on the North, East, and Southeast and by Virginia on the Southwest....
- 2 - REALITY GAP: US STRUGGLES, DC THRIVES. // Growth Strategies;2010, Issue 1040, p1
The article discusses the struggles of the economy and unemployment in the U.S. while Washington, D.C. boomed under its governing class. It notes that under a Democratic Congress and White House, the massive expansion of government has guaranteed a robust job market for policy professionals,...
- DEALS & PROJECTS. // National Real Estate Investor;Jan2003, Vol. 45 Issue 1, p10
Reports on the deals and projects in the U.S. real estate industry. Acquisition of Dallas Trophy Tower by Commercial Developments International; Details of the shopping center project of Developers Diversified Realty; Information on the business center project of Panatonni Development Co.
- Investors find treasure h Gold Coast. Strempel, Dan // Fairfield County Business Journal;2/7/2005, Vol. 44 Issue 6, p1
Reports on developments related to real estate business in Norwalk, Stamford and Greenwich in Connecticut. Position of Riverpark in a Norwalk deal; Vacancy of 8 Sound Shore Drive in Greenwich; Availability of 1010 Washington Blvd. at Stamford.
- The Creed of Speed. Hazlett, Curt // Retail Traffic;Jul2003, Vol. 32 Issue 7, p20
Discusses factors which speed up retail real estate deals. Selection of property with a number of competitors; Availability of cash for the transaction; Experience of the staff.
- Deals. // Estates Gazette;2/25/2012, Issue 1208, p36
This section offers news briefs related to property deals in Great Britain as of February 25, 2012 including the purchase by the Qatar Investment Authority of the headquarters of Credit Suisse in Canary Wharf, the sale by SEGRO of non-core industrial estates to Ignis Asset Management, and the...
- DEALS. // Estates Gazette;10/10/2009, Issue 940, p88
A directory for the most recently added real estate deals from the Deals service of EGi as of October 2009 is presented.
- CORRECTIONS. // Crain's Detroit Business;2/6/2012, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p0002
A correction to the article on lists of 2011 real estate deals that was published in the previous issue is presented.