Boosting Public Power
- Congress urged to keep bonds tax-exempt after deregulation. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;01/13/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30557, p5
Reports that state and local governments in the United States increased pressure on the US Congress to protect the tax-exempt status of public power bonds if the federal government restructures the electricity industry. List of groups representing states and municipalities that are pressuring...
- Murkowski unveils deregulation bill. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;02/29/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30838, p5
Reports the passage of a bill that promotes competition in the electric power industry by Senator Frank Murkowski in United States. Reason for the exclusion of bond provisions in the bill; Need to create a level playing filed between investor-owned and municipally owned utilities; Rules...
- New York power authority may look to FERC for latest refunding proposal. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;10/23/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30506, p36
Reports on the plan of the New York Power Authority to refund taxable commercial paper and replace it with tax-exempt paper in preparation for the state's power market deregulation plans. Amount of commercial paper planned for refunding; Plan to ask the US Federal Energy Regulatory Commission...
- Court Upholds Legality of Bond Sale to Renovate Chicago's Soldier Field. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;2/24/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31578, p40
Reports on Illinois Supreme Court's decision to dismiss a lawsuit that challenged legislation permitting the sale of $400 million of tax-exempt bonds. Utilization of the proceeds from the sale; Opinions about the court's decision.
- Short-Term Tax-Exempt Yields. // Bond Buyer;6/28/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31170, p39
Presents information about short-term tax-exempt yields in the U.S. as of June 28, 2001.
- Short-Term Tax-Exempt Yields. // Bond Buyer;10/24/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31250, p40
Presents information about several short-term tax-exempt yields in the U.S. as of October 24, 2001.
- Short-Term Tax-Exempt Yields. // Bond Buyer;11/2/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31257, p40
Presents statistics on short-term tax-exempt securities in the U.S. as of November 02, 2001. Securities for which the data between November 02, 2000 and November 01, 2002 is provided; Estimated rates of the 30-Day commercial paper; Variable-rate demand statistics of Lehman Brothers Money Market...
- Short-Term Tax-Exempt Yields. // Bond Buyer;11/8/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31261, p37
Presents short-term tax-exempt yields for securities in the U.S. as of November 08, 2001. Variable rate demand for municipal bonds; Money market municipal index for bonds.
- Short-Term Tax-Exempt Yields. // Bond Buyer;11/13/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31264, p30
Presents information about short-term tax-exempt yields in the U.S. as of November 13, 2001.