Focus on Disclosure
- Disclosure Big in 2001. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;12/21/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31042, p1
Predicts the key areas of focus in the municipal market in the United States for the year 2001. Disclosure and electronic trading in the municipal securities area; Continued debate on how to improve disclosure in the primary and secondary markets; Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board's plan to...
- Schwab Blasts SMMP Concept; ICI Wants Proposal Revised. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;3/5/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31337, p4
Reports the rejection of the proposal of the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board to exclude retail investors from electronic trading network in Washington D.C. Problem on creating regulatory incentives; Growth of online trading; Reduction of regulatory obligations.
- Not so many trading `live wires'. Jones, Llewellyn // Finance Week;09/10/99, p15
Focuses on Internet-based securities trading in South Africa as of September 10, 1999. Online securities brokerages' failure to attract customers; Background on online securities brokerages' marketing strategies.
- Retail brokers in the doldrums. Jones, Llewellyn // Finance Week;01/26/2001, p56
Examines the performance of online stockbrokers in South Africa. Losses by Tradek; Decline in revenues of Barnard Jacobs Mellet; Decline in trading levels; Decline in number of clients signing up with online brokers; Margin trading facilities by PSG Online; Need for online brokers to offer a...
- Open outcry and electronic trading in futures exchanges. // Bank of Canada Review;Spring99, p21
Compares open outcry and electronic trading in an attempt to determine their relative advantages. Mechanics of the two systems; Levels of automation used by the futures exchanges; Conclusion.
- Options system ruled not an exchange. // Corporate Board;May/Jun90, Vol. 11 Issue 62, p25
Reports on US Securities and Exchange Commission's ruling stating that an electronic trading system for options on government securities is not an exchange under securities law. Vehicle for the creation of private systems to help buyers and sellers trade securities or options; Ruling in favor of...
- Cyber wars erupt over brokers' Web fees. L.B. // Christian Science Monitor;11/17/97, Vol. 89 Issue 246, pB5
Answers two questions related to electronic investing in securities. How the costs of online trading compare to a traditional brokerage; The kind of computer necessary for online trading.
- Full-service or e-service? Beck, Bill // Indiana Business Magazine;Dec99, Vol. 43 Issue 12, p38
Focuses on the reasons why Indiana brokers do not fear Internet trading of securities. National prominence of E-Trade and AmeriTrade; Information available on stock companies; Benefits from online trading.
- Is it really nuts to trade online? Lowes, Robert // Medical Economics;12/18/2000, Vol. 77 Issue 24, p46
Focuses on the risk of online stock trading in the United States. Benefits from online trading; Temptation to trade off too frequently; Possible breakdowns of online brokers. INSET: Three physicians, three online trading styles.