Federal Judge Sets Trial Date for SEC's Case Against Pacific Genesis
- Judge: Pacific Genesis Offering Was 'Highly Risky'. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;02/06/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31071, p4
Reports on United States District Court Judge Charles R. Breyer's remarks concerning Pacific Genesis Group Inc.'s ninth offering in a master plan community. Securities fraud filed against Pacific Genesis; Securities and Exchange Commission's call for a permanent injunction against the company.
- Pacific Genesis Chairman Resigns as Firm Battles SEC Over Securities Fraud Charges. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;04/30/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31128, p38
Highlights a federal court decision asking the United States Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and Pacific Genesis Group Inc. (PGG) to try to resolve securities fraud lawsuit linked with bonds sold for the development of a residential golf community in California's Lucerne Valley. ...
- SEC to Update Judge on Proposed Settlement With Pacific Genesis. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;3/7/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31339, p5
Focuses on the securities fraud charges filed by the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) against Pacific Genesis Group Inc. and former president David E. Fitzgerald in the California. Failure of the commission to reached a decision on the proposed agreement; Details on the motion filed by...
- Pacific Genesis Reaches Tentative Deal With SEC. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;1/15/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31304, p4
Reports on a tentative agreement reached upon by lawyers from the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission's (SEC) enforcement division and attorneys representing former Almeda, California broker and dealer Pacific Genesis Group Inc. Basis of the lawsuit filed against the firm; Need for the...
- Pacific Genesis' Fitzgerald Denies SEC Suit's Bond Fraud Allegations. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;01/02/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31048, p40
Reports that David Fitzgerald, chairman of Pacific Genesis Group Inc., is not worried by the lawsuit filed against the firm by the United States Securities and Exchange Commission. Allegations of securities fraud against the company; Denial by Fitzgerald of the allegations.
- Pacific Genesis Trial Participants Wait for Judge's Decision. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;02/08/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31073, p43
Reports on developments concerning the United States Securities and Exchange Commission's securities fraud trial against Pacific Genesis Group and its chairman, David Fitzgerald. Judge Charles R. Breyer's decision to ask the attorneys on both sides of the trial on how the court should view the...
- Fitzgerald Accepts SEC Settlement: To Pay $300,000, Be Barred. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;3/14/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31344, p1
Reports the issuance of an order by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) banning David E. Fitzgerald, Chairman of Pacific Genesis Group Inc., from the brokerage industry in California. Approval of the monetary penalties and injunctions by a federal judge; Violations of the Municipal...
- SEC Files Suit Against Former PacGen Salesman. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;4/25/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31373, p5
Reports the lawsuit filed by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission against William M. Ucherek, former salesman at the defunct Pacific Genesis Group Inc.
- Pacific Genesis Group Found Liable by Judge; SEC Pleased. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;02/16/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31079, p3
Reports the judgement against Pacific Genesis Group's liability for misinterpretation and omission of bond offering in San Francisco, California. Effects of the court's decision to grant the Securities and Exchange Commission's application for the halting the sale of the bonds.