Utility Woes Shock Calif. Municipalities
- Country Map. // Libya Country Review;2001/2002, p7
Presents a map of Libya. National capital; Cities and towns; Public utilities.
- Country Map. // Jordan Country Review;2001/2002, p7
Presents a map of Jordan. National capital; Cities; Public utilities.
- Central Valley residents like their communities, or do they? // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;11/18/2005, Issue 323480, p9
The article focuses on a research conducted on the residents of the Central Valley, California, regarding their perception of the local community. Seventy-five percent of the residents opined that their local community or city is a good or excellent place to live in. Fifty-three percent believe...
- Reviving an island network. Gunasekera, Rohan // Railway Gazette International;Aug2012, Vol. 168 Issue 8, p56
The article focuses on the reconstruction and modernization project of Sri Lanka's rail network. It is noted that Chinese companies have won contracts to supply new track and rolling stock while India's state-owned railway construction group Ircon International has been awarded the majority of...
- LOCAL PUBLIC UTILITIES' PROFITS AND MUNICIPAL EXPENSES IN GERMANY: AN EMPIRICAL ANALYSIS. Haug, Peter; Nerré, Birger // Proceedings of the Annual Conference on Taxation;2007, p422
The article offers information on profits and municipal expenses of local public utilities in Germany. It reveals that cities and municipalities faced rising expenses over the last years and the only way for local governments to avoid budgetary bottlenecks is to postpone infrastructure...
- What others say. // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);9/24/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 9, p13
The article provides an overview of what the media outside Louisiana are reporting on New Orleans. An article in "Chicago Tribune" stresses that living in this city is not easy as costs of utilities are increasing. Coach Avery Johnson of Dallas Mavericks basketball team stresses that the place...
- L.A. Issuers Line Up Against City's DWP in Suit Accusing Utility of Overcharging. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;4/4/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31538, p3
Reports that several municipalities are joining a lawsuit against the nation's largest public utility for damages in Los Angeles, California. Amount of the damages claim; Allegations on overcharging for electricity; Intervention of the action.
- Viewpoint: How rural cities can attract corporate data centers. Schlattman, Paul // American City & County;Oct2010, Vol. 125 Issue 10, p26
The author discusses how rural cities in the U.S. can attract corporate data centers. He states that rural governments and utility companies need to work together to develop technology parks that will attract high-end, corporate data centers. He mentions that data centers that serve disaster...
- Mayor, City of Bulverde. Stevick, Sarah // Bulverde Standard (Canyon Lake, TX);6/21/2006, Vol. 22 Issue 25, p17
Discusses issues concerning the water availability in the city of Bulverde in Texas. Impact of the actions and decision by the Comal County Commissioners Court on the city of Bulverde; Result of the burn ban that was implemented.