Rates Prod Pennsylvania Turnpike To Unwind Swap and Refund Debt
- Pennsylvania Agency Readies $405M for Turnpike Projects. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;5/27/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32886, p6
The article reports on the preparation of the Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission (PTC) for a $405 million new-money deal to help finance capital improvement projects throughout the system. In this project, Hopkins & Co. will be the financial adviser and Dilworth Paxson LLP will act as bond...
- Pennsylvania agency plans forward swap to fund roadways. Hoffman, David // Bond Buyer;11/30/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30529, p1
Reports that the Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission is looking into the derivatives market for a forward swap of $250 million of motor vehicle registration fee-backed bonds. Use of bonds to finance the construction of the Mon-Feyette Southern Beltway; Disruption of bond sale by lawsuit filed by...
- Am empirical examination of the interest rate swap market. Malhotra, D.K. // Quarterly Journal of Business & Economics;Spring97, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p19
Investigates empirical evidence of the interest rate swap market. Presence of default risk premium in the swap quotes; Decline exhibited by the bid-offer since 1987; Significance of spread over the Treasuries; Existence of term premiums in rates quoted by swap dealers.
- On the edge of the pyramid. // Bulletin with Newsweek;2/14/95, Vol. 116 Issue 5957, p85
Discusses interest rate swaps. Definition of interest swapping; Financial profits derived from the swaps; Corrupt practices involving interest rate swapping.
- An Open Door for Swaps. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;11/25/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31520, p1
Reports that administrative agencies involved in interest rates swaps have entered the derivatives market in New York City under the influence of finance legislation. Significant development in the interest rates swaps; Improvement in the debt management; Reduction in borrowing costs.
- Texas county, hospital district weigh suit over bad advice on swap deal. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;07/27/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30691, p3
Reports that the El Paso County Hospital District and the government of El Paso County, Texas, have considered filing a lawsuit against a law firm that advised them to enter an interest rate swap agreement that was declared illegal by the state Attorney General's Office. Controversies arising...
- Swaps drop as base rate rise moves further away. Norman, Tessa // Mortgage Strategy;5/9/2011, p8
The article reports on the performance of swap rates in April 2011 as market expectations of an interest rate rise before the end of the year diminish, which fell by almost 0.4 percent from 3.05 percent on April 5 to 2.66 percent on May 5.
- Implied interest rate pricing models. Hunt, P.J.; Kennedy, J.E. // Finance & Stochastics;1998, Vol. 2 Issue 3, p275
Abstract. We show how market prices for standard interest rate products can be used, under the assumption of a one-factor model, to imply the joint distribution of zero coupon bonds of differing maturities at a fixed date T in the future. We relate these results to the solution of an...
- Asymmetric Information and Interest Rate Swaps. Sharma, Maneesh // American Business Review;May94, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p76
Discusses findings of a study which showed that information asymmetry may influence the growth in interest rate swaps. Lowering of the default risk premium to maximize the equity holder's wealth; Relationship between asymmetry of information and the resultant usage of swap; Market information...