Analysis of a defeat: revolution and worker-peasant alliances in Italy, 1919-20
- Taking a Regional Approach. O'Brien, George // BusinessWest;Jun2004, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p14
Looks back at some of the highlights of 20 years of economic development strategy led by the Economic Development Partners (DP), a group comprised of Western Massachusetts area planners. Formation of the group to take a regional approach to economic development; Efforts to put together a road...
- Splashing Out In Colombo. // Asia Monitor: Indian Subcontinent Monitor;Nov2002, Vol. 8 Issue 11, p8
Reports the preliminary spending plans of the government in Sri Lanka. Intention of the government to cut defense spending; Necessity of boosting social spending to safeguard the peace process of the civil war; Possibility of the opposition of the increase by the International Monetary Fund.
- Mussolini's Bullfight. Young, Stark // New Republic;7/11/23, Vol. 35 Issue 449, p174
Reports on the prohibition of bullfights in Italy by Italian premier Benito Mussolini. Appreciation of Mussolini for the peace he has maintained throughout the country; Description of a bullfight which was attended by Mussolini in which Spaniards were involved; Abolishment of a section of...
- Wonderful Benito! // Time;3/10/1924, Vol. 3 Issue 10, p13
The article presents a quote from Cardinal William Henry O'Connell about the social condition in Italy in 1924.
- Untitled. // Education Digest;May1955, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p28
The article presents a report in the November 1939 issue of "The Education Digest" journal that the Minister of Popular Culture in Italy has issued a instruction that the press for children must assume an educative function, exalting Italian heroism, the Italian race, and the past and present...
- What do firms from transition economies want from their strategic alliance partners? Young, Michael N.; Ahlstrom, David; Bruton, Garry D.; Rubanik, Yuri // Business Horizons;Mar2011, Vol. 54 Issue 2, p163
Abstract: A financial system engaged in active transition from central planning to free market may be dubbed a transition economy. On today''s global landscape, there are several important transition economies, all at various stages of transition and with differing degrees of success. Yet, much...
- OUR DIALOGUE WITH JAPAN. Reischauer, Edwin O. // Foreign Affairs;Jan1967, Vol. 45 Issue 2, p215
This article looks at the status of the foreign relations of the government of Japan with the U.S. government as of January 1967. The escalation of the war in Vietnam in February 1965, through the extension of the U.S. bombing to the North, threw the Japanese public into virtual panic. It seemed...
- The Next War: European Views on the Possibility of Conflict. // New Republic;7/18/34, Vol. 79 Issue 1024, p253
Focuses on the possibility of another war in Europe. Factors indicating the possibility of new European war; Concerns on Germany as opponent of a new war; Deal for a German-Polish alliance against Russia.
- Japan's 70 Year War of Aggression Against China: Part 1.2. Zhang, Paul // Chinese American Forum;Apr1999, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p14
The article reports on the war of aggression against Japan and the United States. The alliance between the United States and Japan is considered a dangerous instrument. It is dangerous since both countries have different and opposing ambitions and aims, since Japan wanted to exploit the alliance...