'British trade unionism, workers' struggles and economic performance, 1940-1979'
- No solidarity in sight. Fuller, Patty // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;2/1/93, Vol. 20 Issue 7, p8
Examines some of the topics of discussion at the Alberta Federation of Labour's political action conference in Calgary two weeks ago. Ousting the provincial Tories; Stopping the North American Free Trade Agreement; Improving the province's labor code; Boosting the manufacturing sector; Alberta...
- Western Mechanical Focuses on Organizing, Marketing and Education. // Reeves Journal: Plumbing, Heating, Cooling;May2002, Vol. 82 Issue 5, p52
Reports the convention of signatory contractors, union and association representatives for the annual Western Mechanical Labor Management Conference in Las Vegas, Nevada. Theme of the conference on recruiting and marketing; Value of apprenticeship training programs; Downturn of the hotel...
- Conference of the week... Working with trade unions. // Personnel Today;3/24/2009, p5
No abstract available.
- Toronto Labour Council Unveils Action Agenda for CLC. Bickerton, Geoff // Canadian Dimension;May/Jun2008, Vol. 42 Issue 3, p9
The article offers information on the Canadian Labour Congress (CLC) convention that will be organized by the Toronto and York Region Labour Council in Toronto, Ontario, from May 26 to 30, 2008.
- Writers' Union approves director's retirement package. Domet, Stephanie // Quill & Quire;Jul99, Vol. 65 Issue 7, p7
Reports on the annual general meeting of the Writers' Union of Canada held May 27-30, 1999 in Halifax, Nova Scotia. Atmosphere during the meeting; Attendance; Prioritization of approving a retirement allowance for executive director Penny Dickens.
- Conventions. Bloston, Allan P. // Monthly Labor Review;Dec74, Vol. 97 Issue 12, p47
Reports on the 17th Constitutional Convention of the United Steelworkers of America on September 23-28, 1974, in Atlantic City, New Jersey. Labor issues discussed at the convention; Featured speakers; Event highlights.
- THE BRITISH TRADE-UNION CONGRESS OF 1902. Durand, E. Dana // Quarterly Journal of Economics;Nov1902, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p181
Focuses on the annual meeting of the British Trade-Union Congress, held in London, England, in September 1902. Problems concerning the availability of revenue for the trade-union; Topics discussed during the meeting; Resolutions passed by the union.
- Unions weigh in on midterm elections. Baker, Cyril Josh // New York Amsterdam News;10/21/2010, Vol. 101 Issue 43, p6
Information about the meeting of representatives from several unions and the members of the ethnic press at the Manhattan Neighborhood Network in New York City is presented in which the stance of unions on the 2010 midterm elections and issues including pensions, immigrant union members, and...
- Pacific nurses meet. Witham, Heather // Australian Nursing Journal;Apr97, Vol. 4 Issue 9, p11
Highlights the training workshop held by the Commonwealth Nurses Federation (CNF). Aim of the workshop; Host; Representatives of Pacific commonwealth nations who attended; Evaluation; Action plan recommended by CNF.