PEOPLE AND POSTS
- on the move. Craig, Tara // Personnel Today;4/28/2009, p14
The article announces several appointments and promotions including the appointment of Scott Jarvis as director of transformation and resourcing at food and facilities management company Sodexo; appointment of Michael O'Hare as group human resource (HR) director at Heineken and the promotion of...
- PEOPLE & POSTS. // People Management;May2012, p65
The article offers news briefs of human resources personnel changes in Great Britain, including the appointment of Lucy Melling at Nuffield Health Chesterfield Hospital, the naming of Angela O'Connor as president at the Human Resources Society, and the hiring of Patrick Warwick by Thomson Reuters.
- HP picks NCR boss as its next CEO. // MarketWatch: Global Round-up;May 2005, Vol. 4 Issue 5, p200
Reports that computer software firm Hewlett-Packard Co. has chosen Mark Hurd as its president and chief executive officer (CEO). Career history; Prospects face by Hurd as he takes over the CEO position at Hewlett.
- Hewlett-Packard. // Business Quarterly;Summer96, Vol. 60 Issue 4, p47
Focuses on the strategies used by Hewlett-Packard to increase the company's return on intellectual capital. Specialization of knowledge; Process simplification; Inventory of knowledge management.
- Hewlett-Packard's core values drive HR strategy. Laabs, Jennifer J. // Personnel Journal;Dec93, Vol. 72 Issue 12, p38
Reports on the personnel management strategy employed by Hewlett-Packard Company. Background on the founding of the company; Views of Hewlett-Packard vice president for personnel F.E. Peterson on personnel strategy; Adoption of no-layoff policy by Hewlett-Packard; Goals of company's `Project...
- HR: Tomorrow's strategic partner? Johnson, Mike // Management Review;Jul/Aug97, Vol. 86 Issue 7, p60
Focuses on the Management Centre Europe's Human Resources Management Conference in April, 1997. Topics being discussed by the attendees; How the human resources department can help lead the organization's corporate strategy; How Hewlett Packard views its employment.
- Nightmare on HRD Street. Adams-Regan, Pamela // Training & Development;Nov93, Vol. 47 Issue 11, p50
Investigates the problems commonly encountered by human resources personnel. Factors influencing human resources departments' (HRD) functions; Characteristics of problem trainees; Importance of speaking and presentation skills among HRD personnel.
- THE HR AWARDS. // Smart Business Cleveland;Nov2012, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p35
The article focuses on the HR Awards presented by the Employers Resource Council (ERC) and the Cleveland Society for Human Resource Management, which recognize human resources (HR) professionals in Northeast Ohio who demonstrated excellence in the field of HR management.
- PRESENTER'S NOTE. Naso, SueAnn; Perry, Patrick // Smart Business Cleveland;Nov2012, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p36
The authors introduces the HR Awards presented by the Employers Resource Council (ERC) and the Cleveland Society for Human Resource Management, which recognizes the achievement of human resources professionals in Northeast Ohio.