- Leader as Inquirer. Locander, William B.; Luechauer, David L. // Marketing Management;Sep2007, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p46
This article examines leadership and says too many executives hide their heads in the sand so they won't have to deal with complex problems and issues. In the author's opinion, it is the job of the leader not to coach but to build community and manage culture. What is needed are more leaders who...
- The gift of questions. Sheffer, Susannah // New Moon Network;Nov/Dec96, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p14
Considers the author's feelings when her young interviewers ask her questions. Types of questions she is asked; How she answers them; Risks of accepting the gift of a young person's trust.
- Overwhelmed? Ask 3 questions. // Administrative Professional Today;Dec2011, Vol. 37 Issue 12, p7
The article presents three questions to pose when people feel stuck or overwhelmed.
- ASK THE PROFESSIONAL. // Bulverde Standard (Canyon Lake, TX);11/28/2007, Vol. 23 Issue 48, p15
The article presents the answers of notable people to questions asked by the readers.
- Critical Thinking: The Art of Socratic Questioning, Part II. Elder, Linda; Paul, Richard // Journal of Developmental Education;Winter2007, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p32
The article provides questions that are used in the assessment of reasoning within the framework of Socratic logic. A checklist of Socratic questioning, which can be used to assess one's own questioning abilities or that of the students, is also presented. An individual should recognize that...
- The Division and Synthesis: the Philosophical Inquiry of Wilhelm Wundt's Psychological Idea. Zhao Wanxiang // Qingdao Daxue Shifanxueyuan Xuebao/Journal of Teachers College Q;2010, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p29
Traditionally, psychologists only worship one person â€” Wilhelm Wundt, the founding father of psychology, and remember one date â€” 1879, tile founding year of psychology. In the eyes of people, Wilhelm Wundt is a famous psychologist. However, his academic achievements in philosophy...
- Burning Questions About Calories. Keller, J. David; Berry, Kimberly A. // Science Scope;Apr2001, Vol. 24 Issue 7, p28
The article describes how the author used a questioning strategy to teach students about calories in science class. The students were invited to ask questions about the topic, and then clarify and expand those questions. The author notes that as the depth, complexity, and application of...
- This raises some questions. Hellman, Paul // Management Review;Jan95, Vol. 84 Issue 1, p64
Focuses on the various ways of asking questions. Reasons why some people don't ask questions; Drawback of asking several questions in the same breath; People who make every sentence sound like a question; Wrong type of questions to ask; Power of the `why' question.
- Out of Bounds and Undisciplined: Social Inquiry and the Current Moment of Danger. Pred, Allan // Social Research;Winter95, Vol. 62 Issue 4, p1065
This article focuses on social inquiries. The contemporary world at which inquiries are directed may be seen and heard in geographically and otherwise variant ways as passing through an extended moment of danger. An extended moment of danger in which the practices, relations and experiences...