How I made a difference at work
- Develop new talent and your business. Hickey, Cathryn // ACR News: Air Conditioning & Refrigeration News;Sep2013, Vol. 29 Issue 12, p32
The article discusses how air conditioning and refrigeration (ACR) businesses in Great Britain can develop talents through an apprenticeship scheme. A good apprenticeship program can become a cost-effective staffing option for ACR businesses. When planning to diversify into renewables, ACR...
- Make learning a retail experience. Griffin, Gerry // Training Journal;Aug2015, p40
The article offers tips for learning and development (L&D) professionals on adopting the principles of retailing for workplace learning in Great Britain. It suggests that the learning content should be user friendly, personalised and relevant to improve learning initiatives and increase uptake...
- HR could save us Â£84bn. // People Management;Oct2015, p7
The article discusses an Investors In People report which suggests that improved Human Resources and the adoption of sustainable good quality practices in people management could save Great Britain billions of dollars annually in the professional services, health, and social care industries.
- Social care experts call for direct funding for training. Peacock, Louisa // Personnel Today;3/18/2008, p3
The article reports that Skills for Care, the body responsible for improving workforce standards across social care revealed that councils had under-spent their main social care training grants by more than Â£35 million in 2006-07 in Great Britain. Stephen Lenton, HR director at social care...
- "I want people to aspire to have McDonald's on their CV". // People Management;Aug2014, p12
The article presents an interview with Jez Langhorn, the chief people officer at fast-food company McDonald's. Topics addressed include the role of improved employee training on public perceptions of employment at McDonald's, the role of technology in the company's learning and development (L&D)...
- "Every week there's someone new after our staff". JEFFERY, ROBERT // People Management;Feb2015, p16
The article discusses how the Jamie Oliver Restaurants chain led by celebrity chef Jamie Oliver earned the loyalty of its staff members through learning and development (L&D). According to Stacy O'Hagan, the head of people and development at the restaurant company, human resources (HR) and L&D...
- Employers urged to look beyond qualifications. // Personnel Today;3/9/2010, p3
The article presents news briefs on personnel management in Great Britain, including those on 'Going Green at Work' conference, legislation on the right to request time off for training, and graduate recruiters.
- FAST FORWARD. // People Management;Oct2011, p10
The article presents a timeline of human resources-related events in Great Britain, held from October 1-26, 2011, including the implementation of agency workers regulations, the Conservative Party conference, and the launch of the nonprofit Employwers Network for Equality & Inclusion.
- Untitle. // Personnel Today;10/27/2009, p2
The article presents information on personnel management in Great Britain, including those on Apple Inc., Google Inc., and Virgin Group.