Where does mediation fit in to dispute resolution?
- St. Louis Emphasizes ADR for Businesses. // Arbitration Journal;Mar1993, Vol. 48 Issue 1, p41
This article reports that the city of Saint Louis, Missouri is attempting to connect the region's business and legal communities in an effort to create a more harmonious approach to resolving commercial disputes while reducing the level of litigation. The Alternative Resolutions to the Court...
- Regulations of the People's Republic of China on Settlement of Labour Disputes in Enterprises. // China Business Laws & Regulations;2005, p720
A chapter from the book "China Business Laws & Regulations" is presented. It provides information about the provisions of the regulations on settlement of labour disputes in enterprises in the People's Republic of China. The principles that should be observed in the settlement of labor disputes...
- Conciliation and Mediation in Minnesota. Turnbull, John G.; Kanun, Clara // Labor Law Journal;Oct52, Vol. 3 Issue 10, p677
Conciliation and mediation are well-established institutional techniques utilized in the settlement of industrial disputes. The extent to which employers and unions in Minnesota use mediation and conciliation in the settlement of industrial disputes and the attitude of the two groups toward...
- MEDIATION OF EMPLOYMENT DISPUTES. A BETTER MANAGEMENT STRATEGY FOR THE ORGANISATION. ARDELEANU, Anca-Monica // Annals of Eftimie Murgu University Resita, Fascicle II, Economi;2012, p361
The objectives of this article are to underline the particularities of the organizational conflicts, to briefly analyze the conflict management styles and in the end to show how mediation, as an alternative dispute resolution method, can fix the complex relationship difficulties so that the...
- Irvine backs mediation. // Credit Management;Jun2000, p9
Reports on Lord Chancellor Lord Irvine's support to alternative dispute resolution (ADR). Plan to launch an awareness campaign to educate people about ADR; Involvement of ADR providers in the Community Legal Service framework.
- SURVEY Of 92 Key Companies Using ADR to Settle Employment Disputes. McDermott, E. Patrick // Dispute Resolution Journal;Jan1995, Vol. 50 Issue 1, p8
Presents the results of a survey concerning the use of alternative dispute resolution (ADR) methods by companies to settle employment disputes. Statistics; Peer review; Binding arbitration; Perceived disadvantages; Impact of civil rights act.
- Standards of Conduct for Mediators. // Dispute Resolution Journal;Jan1995, Vol. 50 Issue 1, p78
Features the test of the Standards of Conduct for Mediators established by the American Arbitration Association (AAA), the American Bar Association (ABA) and the Society of Professionals in Dispute Resolution (SPIDR). Self-determination; Impartiality; Conflicts of interests; Competence;...
- More choosing mediation for legal resolution. Leahy, William B. // Crain's Cleveland Business;11/11/96, Vol. 17 Issue 46, p22
Reports on the growth of mediation as a dispute resolution method, according to a study conducted by the American Bar Association. Mediation as compared to litigation and arbitration; Small businesses' concern about the costs and risks of a trial; Definition of mediation; Expansion of mediation...
- ADR flexibility in employment disputes. Wittenberg, Carol A.; Mackenzie, Susan T. // Journal of Collective Negotiations in the Public Sector;1997, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p155
Discusses the use of alternative dispute resolution in settling employment disputes. Combination of fact-finding investigation with mediation; Combination of fact-finding with facilitation; Combination of mediation with advisory settlement.