- Computer In Personnel HR Collaboration Award. // Personnel Today;9/19/2006, p20
The article focuses on the achievements of HR teams that are nominated for HR Collaboration award. Last winter's industrial unrest made induced First Choice Airways Ltd. to reject its annual pay offer that left pilots demoralized. A reward package was created by the organization's HR team to...
- Thompsons lands victory for pilot in BA flexible-working test case. Goswami, Nina // Lawyer;3/19/2007, Vol. 21 Issue 11, p18
The article announces that Thompsons company has won a settlement for Jessica Starmer, a pilot of British Airways PLC (BA) who sought more flexible working hours after giving birth in Great Britain. After a three-year campaign by the firm, the airlines agreed to a 50 percent reduction in the...
- How to sell new ideas to your staff. // HR Weekly;11/24/2014, Vol. 2 Issue 47, p8
The article offers suggestions on how a human relations officer can sell new ideas to the staff including stressing the idea's benefits, ensuring that the idea is understood and making a clear description of the resources that will be made available to carry out a new project.
- 6 tips from America's top HR departments. // HR Weekly;10/13/2014, Vol. 2 Issue 41, p4
The article offers tips on personnel management including using human resource technology, rotating human resource personnel in different positions, and investing in improving human resource manager-employee relationship.
- Young HR Pros Must Be in the Game. Jackson, Henry G. // HR Magazine;Dec2016/Jan2017, Vol. 61 Issue 10, p6
An introduction to the article "30 Under 30: A Who's Who to the Future of HR" about the stories of 30 young human resource professionals in the U.S. is presented.
- Fladgate expands office as half-year results show 12 per cent rise in revenue. // Lawyer (Online Edition);11/3/2015, p1
The article offers news briefs related to law firms across the world as of 2015. Fladgate has expanded office as half-year results show 12 percent increase in revenue. A High Court judge has criticized Hausfeld over a "false statement of truth" in the British Airways air cargo cartel case....
- Are overseas graduates worth the paperwork? // People Management;4/23/2009, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p40
The article offers advice to an engineering firm regarding its plan to cut back recruitment from outside the European Union (EU) in line with the current recession. Neil Shaw, graduate recruitment manager at Arup, relates that some firms often recruit local workers due to fear and a lack of...
- CAREER CLINIC. // People Management;Aug2011, p66
The article presents the opinions of several personalities on the issue of how long should a foreign human resources (HR) professional be working for free at a British nongovernmental organization (NGO) before she/he can show good experience and can apply for an HR job in Great Britain. The...
- Are you competent for a recession? Gallacher, Diane // People Management;4/23/2009, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p17
The article emphasizes the importance for human resources (HR) professionals in Great Britain to review the relevance of their competency frameworks in the context of the current economic recession. It highlights the role of competency frameworks in identifying employees with high potential and...