Why only twits would ignore the potential (and pitfalls) of Twitter
- Being Sociable. RAYMOND, MATT // Library of Congress Information Bulletin;Jul/Aug2009, Vol. 68 Issue 7/8, p138
The article reports on the Library of Congress' ventures in social networks and Web sites that allow users to generate and share content_sites, collectively called "web 2.0." It cites that Twitter, YouTube, iTunes and Facebook are the recent addition to the Library's web 2.0. It indicates that...
- FACEBOOK FEVER. // Finweek;1/29/2009, p11
The article reports on the popularity of Facebook social network among South Africans. In fact, the social network became the country's most accessed website in 2007. Out of 150 million active users, 790,700 of them are South Africans compared to 212, 820 Brazilians. Despite the big number, the...
- CIPD REPORT. // People Management;3/26/2009, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p45
This section offers news briefs from the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) of Great Britain. Human resources (HR) practitioners may benefit from the recently updated "Understanding the Economy and Labour Market" online factsheet from the CIPD. The University of Glasgow...
- Wiki while you work. Twentyman, Jessica // Personnel Today;4/29/2008, p26
The article presents information on the benefits human resource (HR) management at the law firm SAS Daniels LLP has reaped from the use of social networking sites. The challenge before the HR was to find a more motivating way to broadcast pieces of company news to the employees including details...
- e-RECRUITMENT - WEB 2.0. Pillai, Brijesh; Dhobale, Rajasshrie Suressh // International Journal of Research in Computer Application & Mana;Jul2012, Vol. 2 Issue 7, p85
The traditional methods of recruitment have been revolutionized by the emergence of the Internet. The Internet has dramatically changed the face of HR recruitment and the ways organizations think about the recruiting function. In the coming years, digital recruiting and hiring are expected to...
- Getting. // Personnel Today;9/18/2007, p28
The article presents information on the social networking technology Web 2.0, that affects the way human resource recruits talent, manages employer branding and communicates with employees and external clients locally and globally. In the era of Web 2.0, individuals are disseminating huge...
- HCM 2.0: EL FUTURO ESTÃ EN LA GESTIÃ“N SOCIAL DE LAS EMPRESAS. Intxaurraga, Josu // Capital Humano;Feb2011, Vol. 24 Issue 251, p10
No abstract available.
- How to sell new ideas to your staff. // HR Weekly;11/24/2014, Vol. 2 Issue 47, p8
The article offers suggestions on how a human relations officer can sell new ideas to the staff including stressing the idea's benefits, ensuring that the idea is understood and making a clear description of the resources that will be made available to carry out a new project.
- 6 tips from America's top HR departments. // HR Weekly;10/13/2014, Vol. 2 Issue 41, p4
The article offers tips on personnel management including using human resource technology, rotating human resource personnel in different positions, and investing in improving human resource manager-employee relationship.