PREDICTING MODULUS OF RUPTURE OF SOLID AND FINGER-JOINTED TROPICAL AFRICAN HARDWOODS USING LONGITUDINAL VIBRATION
- Ekki. KAISER, JO-ANN // Wood & Wood Products;Dec98, Vol. 103 Issue 13, p27
Describes the hardwood ekki. Characteristics; Practical and decorative uses; Where ekki grows; Common names; Typical applications for ekki; Reasons the wood is suited to heavy construction and marine uses; Problems associated with drying ekki.
- Lumber, Boards. // National Construction Estimator;2008, Issue 56, p204
The article lists the estimated costs for board lumber which includes studs and boards.
- STRENGTH AND FINISHING CHARACTERISTICS OF NON-PROCESSED AND TASKï¿½ PROCESSED HARDWOOD LUMBER. Sanders, Michael G.; Amburgey, Terry L.; Kitchens, Shane C. // Forest Products Journal;Sep2002, Vol. 52 Issue 9, p60
Presents a study that determined the strength and finishing characteristics of non-processed and TASK-processed hardwood lumber. Observation on reductions in enzyme-mediated sapwood discolorations; Materials and methods of the study; Result of laboratory tests in TASK-processed oak.
- Dimension stock. // Wood & Wood Products;Jul93, Vol. 98 Issue 8, p202
Presents Elkins Lumber Co.'s hardwood dimension stock. Variety; Allied services offered by the company.
- Tips for Reducing Hardwood Costs. Christianson, Rich // Wood & Wood Products;Apr2000, Vol. 105 Issue 5, p13
Presents the responses of manufacturers who use hardwoods on how furniture, flooring cabinetry and millwork manufacturers could improve their hardwood lumber yield and reduce lumber costs. Percentage of respondents who believed in strengthening their understanding of the National Hardwood Lumber...
- COMPARATIVE LUMBER PRICES. // Hardwood Market Report;10/4/2013, Vol. 91 Issue 40, p16
The article presents a table of comparative prices of selected species in the hardwood market in the U.S.
- SOUTHERN AREA. // Hardwood Market Report;1/20/2012, Vol. 90 Issue 3, p14
The article offers information on the logging activity in the Southern region of the U.S. in 2011. It notes that the activity of cottonwood production has been small in range due to the wet weather conditions. It mentions that the demand for low-grade Oak has been struck negatively by the...
- GOOD WOOD, BAD WOOD? Rossell, Christine A.; Poncavage, Joanna; Ferrara, Mike; Shirley, Christopher // Organic Gardening (08973792);Jan89, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p12
Announces the availability of a consumer's guide to tropical hardwood from the Rainforest Alliance. Information provided on rainforests, the tropical timber connection, wood issues and alternative products; Understanding of how the purchase of tropical hardwood contributes to tropical...
- Meeting of Like Minds. // PlantAmnesty;Winter2008, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p5
The article focuses on Jim Newsom, founder of Urban Hardwoods, and the success and development of his sustainable local business. It states that Jim had been picking up driftwood on the beach and had been towing logs behind a tugboat. Jim has been turning trees to tables which he sells and ships...