PREDICTING MODULUS OF RUPTURE OF SOLID AND FINGER-JOINTED TROPICAL AFRICAN HARDWOODS USING LONGITUDINAL VIBRATION
- Lumber, Boards. // National Construction Estimator;2008, Issue 56, p204
The article lists the estimated costs for board lumber which includes studs and boards.
- Ekki. KAISER, JO-ANN // Wood & Wood Products;Dec98, Vol. 103 Issue 13, p27
Describes the hardwood ekki. Characteristics; Practical and decorative uses; Where ekki grows; Common names; Typical applications for ekki; Reasons the wood is suited to heavy construction and marine uses; Problems associated with drying ekki.
- STRENGTH AND FINISHING CHARACTERISTICS OF NON-PROCESSED AND TASKï¿½ PROCESSED HARDWOOD LUMBER. Sanders, Michael G.; Amburgey, Terry L.; Kitchens, Shane C. // Forest Products Journal;Sep2002, Vol. 52 Issue 9, p60
Presents a study that determined the strength and finishing characteristics of non-processed and TASK-processed hardwood lumber. Observation on reductions in enzyme-mediated sapwood discolorations; Materials and methods of the study; Result of laboratory tests in TASK-processed oak.
- Dimension stock. // Wood & Wood Products;Jul93, Vol. 98 Issue 8, p202
Presents Elkins Lumber Co.'s hardwood dimension stock. Variety; Allied services offered by the company.
- Tips for Reducing Hardwood Costs. Christianson, Rich // Wood & Wood Products;Apr2000, Vol. 105 Issue 5, p13
Presents the responses of manufacturers who use hardwoods on how furniture, flooring cabinetry and millwork manufacturers could improve their hardwood lumber yield and reduce lumber costs. Percentage of respondents who believed in strengthening their understanding of the National Hardwood Lumber...
- COMPARATIVE LUMBER PRICES. // Hardwood Market Report;10/4/2013, Vol. 91 Issue 40, p16
The article presents a table of comparative prices of selected species in the hardwood market in the U.S.
- GOOD WOOD, BAD WOOD? Rossell, Christine A.; Poncavage, Joanna; Ferrara, Mike; Shirley, Christopher // Organic Gardening (08973792);Jan89, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p12
Announces the availability of a consumer's guide to tropical hardwood from the Rainforest Alliance. Information provided on rainforests, the tropical timber connection, wood issues and alternative products; Understanding of how the purchase of tropical hardwood contributes to tropical...
- Indonesia Struggles to Control Logging. // Forest Products Journal;Feb2002, Vol. 52 Issue 2, p5
Reveals that the estimated timber harvest in Indonesia remains far above the official limit imposed by federal and regional authorities because of illegal cutting. Estimated hardwood log production; Indonesian tropical hardwood production in 2002.
- US Monthly Exports of Hardwood Lumber. // Hardwood Market Report;1/27/2012, Vol. 90 Issue 4, p1
The article reports on the monthly exports of hardwood lumber in the U.S. and Canada from 2008-2011. It cites that monthly gains in Canada were 0.4% for house only and for land is 0.2% but investment in non-residential building construction in the country has declined in the fourth quarter of...