GAINING THE DOCTOR'S EAR
- Treating the Symptoms of Call Reluctance. Gitomer, Jeffrey // Business News New Jersey;06/06/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 23, p18
Offers advice on how salespeople should handle call reluctance. Positive attitude towards the sale; Time management; Rading a sales book; Determining the reason behind call reluctance.
- The Law Of The Iceberg: Having A Heart For Selling. Duncan, Todd M. // American Salesman;Feb2003, Vol. 48 Issue 2, p3
Deals with the application of the Law of Iceberg to a salesperson's career to increase both finances and fulfillment. Information on how the Law of the Iceberg begins; Reason that many people get into the selling business; Ways to become a successful, trustworthy salesperson.
- Transitions Lab of the Year Finalists. // LabTalk;Jan/Feb2010, Vol. 38 Issue 2E, p24
The article lists the Transitions Lab of the Year Finalists for 2009 including Hirsch Optical Corp. and Winchester Optical Co., Transitions Lab of the Year Finalists for Europe, Middle East and Africa including Lenstec Optical Laboratories, The Norville Group, Ltd. and Optovista and the 2009...
- Reach for the Stars. Bos, Julie // LabTalk;Jul/Aug2007, Vol. 35 Issue 157, p6
The article offers best practice ideas for optical laboratory owners on managing customer services. It emphasizes the importance of communicating with customers. It explains the relevance of real-time business reports to improve value. It also discusses ways to apply and manage technological...
- A brilliant call that won the sale. Sobczak, Art // Sell!ng;Oct97, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p11
Provides advice on how a salesperson can seal a business deal by using his skill at telephoning. Pre-call planning; Opening statement; Questioning; Presentation; Commitment. INSET: Ask questions to uncover and embellish the pain..
- Part 1--Reach the `Ivory Tower'. Hocutt, Jerry // Sell!ng;May99, p7
Part I. Asserts the need for sales professionals to build relationships with top-level decision-makers within their account. Reasons for losing accounts; Selling problems and solutions; Benefits of Quantum Leap Selling or selling seminars.
- Secret to strategic-alliance referrals is giving. Gitomer, Jeffrey // Journal of Business (10756124);9/18/2003, Vol. 18 Issue 19, pB14
Suggests that the key to getting business referrals is to learn to share one's clients. Establishment of mutual trust among salesmen to create strategic alliances; Impact of alliances on establishing credibility.
- Talking trash on "feature dumping" Sirianni, Anita // Proofs;Sep2004, Vol. 87 Issue 4, p70
Focuses on feature dumping, a selling strategy applied by sales representatives. Reasons for the popularity of feature dumping among salespeople; Effectiveness of the selling strategy; Details of Bottom Line Benefits, an alternative to feature dumping.
- Start low, no dough. Start high, money to buy. Gitomer, Jeffrey // Inside Tucson Business;8/15/2005, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p15
Discusses how salespersons can deal with prospective client companies' lower-level personnel during the selling process in the U.S. Ways to avoid getting blocked by lower-level personnel when making a sale; Getting to higher-level personnel through the use of higher-level information;...