Dynamics of Digitally Surfaced Lenses
- Census on the profession is announced. McCormick, Emily // Optometry Today;5/3/2013, Vol. 53 Issue 9, p10
The article discusses research that will be conducted by MarketMakers to investigate the market state, views and trends of the optics industry in Great Britain. The survey, which will be called Optical Census, will gather insights from the number of optometrists and opticians practicing in Great...
- Lost and Found in Atlanta. Vickers, Montgomery // Review of Optometry;4/15/2006 Part 1 of 2, Vol. 143 Issue 4, p23
The author talks about his experience at Southeast Eye Care Convention (SECO). The convention attracts thousands of optometrists, ophthalmologists, opticians, assistants and vendors of all manner of optical, technological, surgical and informational things. The author tells a story about his...
- Independent Opticians Tackle New Challenges. Ciccolella, Cathy // Vision Monday;1/22/2007, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p44
The article discusses the challenges faced by independent opticians in the U.S. Independent opticians have adapted new business methods to address increasing problems such as incursion into the optic market by national and regional eyewear chains as well as loss of customers due to exclusion...
- Confessions of a Former Optician. Bonilla-Warford, Nathan // Review of Optometry;10/15/2011, Vol. 148 Issue 10, p84
The article offers the author's insights on his role as a former optician in an optical department. The author mentions that optician should complete the entire examination of each patient in an efficient manner when the office is really busy. The author states that the staff should get along...
- Retention deadline looms. // Optometry Today;3/12/2010, Vol. 50 Issue 5, p6
The article announces that the deadline for the completion and return of retention application forms by fully-registered optometrists and dispensing opticians to the General Optical Council of Great Britain is on March 15, 2010.
- Enhance patient needs, clinical experience with evidence-based practice. DePaolis, Michael D. // Primary Care Optometry News;Apr2013, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p3
The author expresses his views on the application by optometrists in the U.S. of evidence-based practice to improve clinical experience and the way patient needs are addressed in 2013.
- Retention deadline passes. // Optometry Today;8/1/2014, Vol. 54 Issue 15, p16
The article reports on the decline in the number of student optometrists and opticians who renewed their General Optical Council (GOC) registration by the July 14, 2014 deadline and mentions topics such as applicable late fees, late application deadline, and GOC registration as a legal requirement.
- Independents database launched. // Optometry Today;11/29/2013, Vol. 53 Issue 23, p6
The article reports on launch of the new database for independent practices for eye care professionals across Great Britain formed by the Association for Independent Optometrists and Dispensing Opticians in 2013.
- Over 90% meet the GOC fees retention deadline this year. // Optometry Today;3/26/2010, Vol. 50 Issue 6, p6
The article reports on the claim by the General Optical Council (GOC) that over 90% of all fully registered optometrists and dispensing opticians have filed their retention forms before the March 15, 2010 deadline in Great Britain.