getting in gear
- Bright ideas for Avoiding Consumable Mistakes. Bos, Julie // LabTalk;Oct2007, Vol. 35 Issue 158, p6
The article features expert advice on how optical manufacturers can increase laboratory quality and avoid mistakes in creating a lens, especially in the area of consumables. It discusses common mistakes in surfacing, lens blocking, generating the lens, refining, polishing, clean-up, finishing,...
- New Release of DCS Simulator. // LabTalk;Jan/Feb2010, Vol. 38 Issue 2E, p24
The article announces the DCS Simulator software program being released by The Vision Council for testing if laboratory machines conform with the Data Communication Standard (DCS) before they are shipped for installation and delivery.
- 'VISION X.'. LENTO, KEN; MCELLIN, PAUL // LabTalk;May/Jun2011, Vol. 39 Issue 09A, p20
The article previews Vision X, an automated tray handling system developed by FlexLink Systems for optical laboratories.
- Lab Italee Implements Essilor's Optifog Technology. // Vision Monday;6/18/2012, Vol. 26 Issue 7, p84
The article reports on the implementation of the patented Optifog technology at the Lab Italee of Essilor of America Inc. in Los Angeles, California.
- Icare Labs Adds Digital Finishing. // Vision Monday;9/20/2010, Vol. 24 Issue 11, p063
The article reports on the installation of the Satisloh ES4 robotic edging line at the optical laboratory of Icare Labs in Saint Petersburg, Florida.
- Optical Laboratory Equipment. // Laser Focus World;Nov2011, Vol. 47 Issue 11, p81
The article offers brief information on the optical laboratory equipment from Terahertz Technologies Inc.
- ASK THE EXPERTS. GREGG, IAN; ATCHISON, KURT; SIMONETTA, DANIEL // LabTalk;Jan/Feb2011, Vol. 39 Issue 02E, p26
The article presents the responses of experts to the question of how much technical training one needs to be able to operate a machine or equipment used for lens design.
- WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUTâ€¦. Shepard, Barry // LabTalk;Nov/Dec2011, Vol. 39 Issue 23F, p48
The article offers tips for buying optical laboratory equipment. It notes that buying the newest products is not always been a good option. It suggests to assess laboratory's needs in order to decide whether new, used, refurbished or rebuild equipment is the best choice. It also recommends to...
- Optical Laboratory Equipment. // Laser Focus World;Summer2012 Focus On Products, p8
The article offers brief information on the optical laboratory equipment from Terahertz Technologies Inc. (TTI), which includes PDA-750 photodiode amplifier, a Phase-Locked-Loop Optical Chopper, and O/E converters.