And Health Care For All: Immigrants in the Shadow of the Promise of Universal Health Care
- Health Plans: A Matter of Cost, Effectiveness. // Bioworld Week;10/6/2008, Vol. 16 Issue 40, p4
The article presents analysis on the proposal of two presidential candidates Senators John McCain and Barack Obama concerning health plans in the U.S. According to Commonwealth Fund's new analysis, the proposals of the two presidential candidates would put the health system of the nation on very...
- 5 Reasons To Repeal ObamaCare. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;11/22/2013, pA14
The article reflects on the reasons that should be considered by Democrats to repeal the health care reform of U.S. President Barack Obama. It mentions the impact of the reform on millions of workers right before the 2014 elections due to additional cancellations of health plans of businesses....
- Republicans seize on survey showing more lack coverage. Baker, Sam // Hill;1/25/2012, Vol. 19 Issue 7, p8
The article reports on the growth of uninsured adults during the President Barack Obama's administration in the U.S.
- At stake: How D.C. works. Goddard, Ben // Hill;3/19/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 32, p19
In this article the author discusses the economic plan of U.S. President Barack Obama in the U.S.
- Obama kills welfare reformr. Morris, Dick // Hill;7/18/2012, Vol. 19 Issue 91, p17
In this article, the author discusses the changes made by U.S. President Barack Obama's administration regarding the work requirement in the 1996 welfare reform legislation which made the law ineffective.
- Picking the Right Poison ï¿½ Options for Funding Health Care Reform. Oberlander, Jonathan // New England Journal of Medicine;5/14/2009, Vol. 360 Issue 20, p2045
The article reflects upon the health care reform plans of U.S. president Barack Obama and his administration's use of former U.S. president Bill Clinton's 1993 Health Security Act as a reverse model for planning strategy. The author compares the methods used by the two presidents to try to pass...
- Health reform gets new hope. Geisel, Jerry // Business Insurance;11/10/2008, Vol. 42 Issue 45, p1
The article reports on the health reform plans of the U.S. President-elect Barack Obama. Obama's plan backs a play-or-pay system in which employers would be required to offer coverage meeting federal standards or pay a fee to help fund coverage for the uninsured. Lower-income individuals would...
- President-elect makes reforming health care a top priority. Geisel, Jerry // Business Insurance;12/22/2008, Vol. 42 Issue 51, p10
The article reveals that health care reform will be a key priority of U.S. President-elect Barack Obama. The Democrat created a White House office of health reform and named former Senate Majority Leader Tom Daschle to head that office. On the campaign trail, he frequently stated his support of...
- Will new president mean less reimbursement? // Same-Day Surgery;Jan2009, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p4
The article reports on the health care reforms in the U.S. by the President-elect Barack Obama. It mentions that Obama plans to reduce the reimbursements in all health care providers considering the federal budget. According to the author, number of uninsured people might increase due to...