Effects of Peppermint and Cinnamon Odor Administration on Simulated Driving Alertness, Mood and Workload
- READY SET SHOP: SUPPLEMENTS. FANTASTIC FALL FINDS. // Better Nutrition;Oct2010, Vol. 72 Issue 10, p16
The article presents information on several nutritional supplements. A discussion of the nutritional and health benefits of the supplements, which include Good 'N Natural CoQ10 Plus Cinnamon dietary supplement, Dr. Vanessa's Anti-Aging Collagen Powder and Solaray Peppermint Oil motion sickness...
- Driving Impairment in Patients with Obstructive Sleep Apnea Syndrome. Tippin, Jon // American Journal of Electroneurodiagnostic Technology;Jun2007, Vol. 47 Issue 2, p114
Drivers with obstructive sleep apnea syndrome (OSAS) have an increased risk of motor vehicle crashes. Unfortunately, neither clinical nor polysomnographic features allow clinicians to reliably identify high-risk drivers. One potential means of identifying these drivers is with the use of driving...
- Niveles de alcohol en la sangre y desviaciÃ³n de la lÃnea en conductores estudiados en simuladores: un metaanÃ¡lisis. Rondón, Martín; Gómez-Restrepo, Carlos; Lozano, Juan Manuel; Ruiz, Álvaro; Macías, Felipe; González, Eduardo // Revista Colombiana de Psiquiatria;Mar2010 Supplement, p235S
Introduction: Driving under the influence of alcohol increases the risk of traffic accidents and road accident. However, it is not clear to what extent the presence of alcohol in the blood can divert a driver of the lane. Objectives: To determine the minimum concentration of alcohol in the blood...
- The Evaluation of Traditional and Early Driver Training With Simulated Accident Scenarios. Damm, Loïc; Nachtergaële, Claudine; Meskali, Mohamed; Berthelon, Catherine // Human Factors;Aug2011, Vol. 53 Issue 4, p323
Objective: We assessed the driving skills of novice traditionally trained, novice early-trained, and experienced drivers to evaluate whether supervised early training could improve young driversâ€™ skills.Background: The overall representation of young male drivers in car crashes is a...
- Rail crashes to order from French school. // R&D Magazine;Apr97, Vol. 39 Issue 5, p70
Reports on the inauguration of a dynamic testing center for the study of train cars and automobiles during collisions at the University of Valenciennes Nord in France. Tests on scale models; Description of the facilities; Electric motor driving a pulley system for propelling the vehicles.
- The Crowd Before the Storm. Charlesworth, Jonathan David; Doshi, Finale Pankaj; Gonzalez, Joseph Edgar // UMAP Journal;Fall2001, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p291
The article describes a computer simulation model that tracks the evacuation of cars through South Carolina's evacuation network. A simplified map of South Carolina comprising 107 junctions and 154 roads is programmed in Java. Each point in the program contains data on a city's population and...
- SUGAR AND SPICE. // Science Teacher;Mar2001, Vol. 68 Issue 3, p12
Discusses the therapeutic effect of cinnamon. Role of insulin in glucose metabolism and control in the blood; Potential in preventing adult onset of type 2 diabetes; Results of test tube assaying of fat cells; Biochemical component of the active compound.
- IS CINNAMON USEFUL IN PREVENTING DIABETES? Conwell, Elizabeth; Sego, Sherril // Clinical Advisor;2009, Vol. 12 Issue 12, p37
The article provides an answer to a question about the use of cinnamon in preventing diabetes.
- THE DELICIOUS TRICK FOR LOWER BLOOD PRESSURE. // Prevention;Jan2014, Vol. 66 Issue 1, p21
The article informs that according to an analysis published in the journal "Nature" blood pressure can be reduced by sprinkling two grams of ground cinnamon onto food daily.