Effects of Peppermint and Cinnamon Odor Administration on Simulated Driving Alertness, Mood and Workload
- Driving Impairment in Patients with Obstructive Sleep Apnea Syndrome. Tippin, Jon // American Journal of Electroneurodiagnostic Technology;Jun2007, Vol. 47 Issue 2, p114
Drivers with obstructive sleep apnea syndrome (OSAS) have an increased risk of motor vehicle crashes. Unfortunately, neither clinical nor polysomnographic features allow clinicians to reliably identify high-risk drivers. One potential means of identifying these drivers is with the use of driving...
- The Evaluation of Traditional and Early Driver Training With Simulated Accident Scenarios. Damm, Loïc; Nachtergaële, Claudine; Meskali, Mohamed; Berthelon, Catherine // Human Factors;Aug2011, Vol. 53 Issue 4, p323
Objective: We assessed the driving skills of novice traditionally trained, novice early-trained, and experienced drivers to evaluate whether supervised early training could improve young driversâ€™ skills.Background: The overall representation of young male drivers in car crashes is a...
- Rail crashes to order from French school. // R&D Magazine;Apr97, Vol. 39 Issue 5, p70
Reports on the inauguration of a dynamic testing center for the study of train cars and automobiles during collisions at the University of Valenciennes Nord in France. Tests on scale models; Description of the facilities; Electric motor driving a pulley system for propelling the vehicles.
- The Crowd Before the Storm. Charlesworth, Jonathan David; Doshi, Finale Pankaj; Gonzalez, Joseph Edgar // UMAP Journal;Fall2001, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p291
The article describes a computer simulation model that tracks the evacuation of cars through South Carolina's evacuation network. A simplified map of South Carolina comprising 107 junctions and 154 roads is programmed in Java. Each point in the program contains data on a city's population and...
- SUGAR AND SPICE. // Science Teacher;Mar2001, Vol. 68 Issue 3, p12
Discusses the therapeutic effect of cinnamon. Role of insulin in glucose metabolism and control in the blood; Potential in preventing adult onset of type 2 diabetes; Results of test tube assaying of fat cells; Biochemical component of the active compound.
- THE DELICIOUS TRICK FOR LOWER BLOOD PRESSURE. // Prevention;Jan2014, Vol. 66 Issue 1, p21
The article informs that according to an analysis published in the journal "Nature" blood pressure can be reduced by sprinkling two grams of ground cinnamon onto food daily.
- IS CINNAMON USEFUL IN PREVENTING DIABETES? Conwell, Elizabeth; Sego, Sherril // Clinical Advisor;2009, Vol. 12 Issue 12, p37
The article provides an answer to a question about the use of cinnamon in preventing diabetes.
- Spice Up Your Fall Wellness. // Prevention;Sep2015, Vol. 67 Issue 9, p23
The article reports on the role of cinnamon in inactivating the virus Phi X 174 that can cause infections, according to a study conducted by researchers at Touro College in New York City.
- Correlating Driver Characteristics and Behavior to Radar Related Traffic Accidents Using Simulation. Hassan, Noha M. // International Journal of Engineering & Technology;Dec2011, Vol. 11 Issue 6, p127
One of the reasons that contribute to unsafe traffic is the credibility of the speed limit from the driver's perspective. The objective of this research is to correlate the driver physical characteristics to his perception to the set speed limits and behavior towards traffic enforcement systems....