The face on the cutting-room floor: women editors in the French cinema of the 1930s
- Despite its History, Screenwriting is in its Infancy. Green, Bill // Australian Screen Education;Spring2000, Issue 24, p16
Deals with screenwriting and screenwriters in Australia. Place for people who have been damaged by what life has to offer; Manipulation of emotion in every scene; Screenwriters' knowledge of films; Absence of dynamism in the industry; Skills required for a screenwriter to survive in Australia;...
- 'Mystic' man mulls lifein fast lane. Helgeland, Brian // Variety;7/21/2003, Vol. 391 Issue 9, pA1
Presents an article about a screenwriter working in Los Angeles, California. Things that the screenwriter likes about Los Angeles; Advantages of working in the city; Lesson in life learned from the experience.
- SCRIPTING FILM FANTASY: THE WRITE PUBLICITY. Lyons, Mike // Cinefantastique;Oct96, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p44
The article discusses efforts by screenwriters and other creative people to secure a fair share of the credit when their works are adapted into motion pictures in the U.S. Screenwriters are increasingly hiring publicists to market themselves and promote their creative work. The issues'...
- CONTESTS. // Scr(i)pt;2006, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p10
The article offers information on several screenwriting contests held in the U.S. in September, 2006. The deadlines for "Guy A. Hanks & Marvin Miller Screenwriting Program" by Bill and Camille Cosby will be on July 15, 2006 and September 15, 2006. The "Screenwriter Showcase" was established for...
- The Scriptwriters Showcase: A--List Advice From A--List Talent. Wimberly, Rachel // Scr(i)pt;2006, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p56
Information about several papers discussed at the "The Scriptwriters Showcase" held at the Universal Sheraton in Universal City, California on April 7, 8, and 9, 2006. The inaugural Showcase was attended by 140 feature writers, television writers, producers, lawyers, agents, and managers....
- Talking About Writing. Tropf, Ralph; Garcia, Peggy King // Newsweek (Pacific Edition);03/29/99 (Pacific Edition), Vol. 133 Issue 13, p8
Presents readers' responses to the article `Talking Shop at Oscar Time,' which appeared in the February 8, 1999 issue of `Newsweek.' Frustration of being a screenwriter; Criticism of screenwriter Don Roos' comments about a reader's job being entry level.
- Lehman's skill was the reel thing. Goldman, William // Variety;7/11/2005, Vol. 399 Issue 7, p5
Presents information on screenwriter Ernie Lehman. Reason for Lehman's refusal to write a book about screenwriting; Career background of Lehman.
- Nothing But Net. HANSON, PETER // Script (10922016);May/Jun2011, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p20
The article features professional screenwriter Dan Fogelman who regularly plays basketball as an exercise every Monday night. He wrote the screenplays for several films, including "Cars," "Crazy, Stupid, Love" and "Tangled." Description of his typical Monday night game is presented. Members of...
- MAXIMIZING YOUR WRITING. // Script (10922016);May/Jun2011, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p48
The article offers tips on writing a script. It is suggested that a script be finished once started. A screenwriter should know how to communicate to people and be able to accept criticism. Interesting sentences must be used when presenting a story during a pitch. It is also important to be able...