The face on the cutting-room floor: women editors in the French cinema of the 1930s
- 'Mystic' man mulls lifein fast lane. Helgeland, Brian // Variety;7/21/2003, Vol. 391 Issue 9, pA1
Presents an article about a screenwriter working in Los Angeles, California. Things that the screenwriter likes about Los Angeles; Advantages of working in the city; Lesson in life learned from the experience.
- Despite its History, Screenwriting is in its Infancy. Green, Bill // Australian Screen Education;Spring2000, Issue 24, p16
Deals with screenwriting and screenwriters in Australia. Place for people who have been damaged by what life has to offer; Manipulation of emotion in every scene; Screenwriters' knowledge of films; Absence of dynamism in the industry; Skills required for a screenwriter to survive in Australia;...
- WHY HOLLYWOOD DRIVES YOU CRAZY. Upson, William Hazlett // Saturday Evening Post;12/21/1935, Vol. 208 Issue 25, p5
Shares an author's experience on how Hollywood affected his life. Experiences of the author on working with the motion picture studio, Warner Brothers Inc.; Claims of writers against the Hollywood; Implication of Hollywood movies on the lives of many screenwriters.
- SCRIPTING FILM FANTASY: THE WRITE PUBLICITY. Lyons, Mike // Cinefantastique;Oct96, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p44
The article discusses efforts by screenwriters and other creative people to secure a fair share of the credit when their works are adapted into motion pictures in the U.S. Screenwriters are increasingly hiring publicists to market themselves and promote their creative work. The issues'...
- The 12-Week SCREENWRITING PLAN. Mefford, Joe // MovieMaker;2006 Third Annual Edition, Vol. 12, p18
Presents a plan for writing a motion picture script in 12 weeks. Tips on finding someone who can buy the script; Information on how to design the movie poster; Suggestions on how to write the first ten pages of the script.
- CONTESTS. // Scr(i)pt;2006, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p10
The article offers information on several screenwriting contests held in the U.S. in September, 2006. The deadlines for "Guy A. Hanks & Marvin Miller Screenwriting Program" by Bill and Camille Cosby will be on July 15, 2006 and September 15, 2006. The "Screenwriter Showcase" was established for...
- The Scriptwriters Showcase: A--List Advice From A--List Talent. Wimberly, Rachel // Scr(i)pt;2006, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p56
Information about several papers discussed at the "The Scriptwriters Showcase" held at the Universal Sheraton in Universal City, California on April 7, 8, and 9, 2006. The inaugural Showcase was attended by 140 feature writers, television writers, producers, lawyers, agents, and managers....
- TELLING IT LIKE IT IS. Elliott, Mega // Inside Film;Apr2006, Issue 86, p46
Defends the position of screenwriters in the success and failure of Australian films. Suggestion for the government's taxation policy; Economic aspects of the film industry; Role of state agencies and international sales agents in the script development.
- Write bros. Rechtshaffen, Michael // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;01/18/2000, Vol. 361 Issue 18, pS-26
Reports on the nominees for the best screenplay of the Golden Globe Awards 2000. Recognition of both the traditional and the unconventional; Suburban satire `American Beauty,' by Alan Ball; John Irving's adaptation of his novel `The Cider House Rules'; Coexistence of diverse characters in...