Katten Muchin May Expand in New York
- Katten imports U.S. Customs expert for new trade unit. Borden, Jeff // Crain's Chicago Business;03/27/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 13, p15
Profiles Robert J. Pisani, director of the trade consultancy division of Chicago, Illinois-based law firm Katten Muchin & Zavis. Career progression; Personal and professional characteristics; Future plans for the law firm.
- Help for budding legal eagles. Egan, Jack // Daily Variety;4/28/2003, Vol. 279 Issue 15, pA7
Reports on the mentoring program of Los Angeles, California-based law firm Katten Muchin Zavis Rosenman for junior associates. Features of the mentoring program; Company background.
- Winston raids Katten for six partners. Westacott, Gemma // Lawyer;8/8/2005, Vol. 19 Issue 31, p2
Reports that Katten Muchin Zavis Rosenman has lost another six partners to rival Winston & Strawn in the U.S. Admission of strategic assault on its financial services practice; Recruitment of lawyers with attractive remuneration packages; Strategy of the law firm to develop its financial...
- Living large. Stainburn, Samantha // Crain's Chicago Business;4/25/2005, Vol. 28 Issue 17, p34
The article reports that the politics of working for a big law firm can easily sour many an idealistic young attorney. Through his connections representing the Chicago White Sox and Chicago Bulls, Adam Klein, partner at Katten Muchin Zavis Rosenman, scored tickets to the 1999 NBA finals, Major...
- Katten Much in and MW Cornish tie the knot. Westacott, Gemma // Lawyer;6/20/2005, Vol. 19 Issue 24, p7
Reports on the merger between the U.S. law firm Katten Muchin Zavis Rosenman with British hedge funds practice MW Cornish Co. to launch its first international office in London, England. Terms and conditions of merger; Previous agreements initiated by both companies; Objectives of the merger;...
- Big is (still) beautiful! Cordtz, Dan // FW;5/23/95, Vol. 164 Issue 12, p62
Focuses on the Chicago, Ill. law firm called Katten Muchin & Zavis. Headcount of more than 350 lawyers; Strategy of deliberate, planned expansion to megafirm size; Office; Differences in the firms' organization and practice.
- A longer arm of the law. Goldberg, Stephanie B. // Crain's Chicago Business;9/20/93, Vol. 16 Issue 38, p16
Features Katten Muchin & Zavis, a Chicago, Illinois-based law firm, and its attempt to carve a niche as a multinational firm. Challenge of getting lawyers in the firm to focus beyond the nation's borders; Effort to attract both inbound and outbound international business; Reliance on local...
- CRAIN'S LIST CHICAGO'S LARGEST LAW FIRMS. Peterson, Kathryn // Crain's Chicago Business;4/25/2005, Vol. 28 Issue 17, p37
The article presents statistical information on Chicago, Illinois' largest law firms. Some of the firms listed are Baker & McKenzie LLP, Sidley Austin Brown & Wood LLP, Skadden Arps Slate Meagher & Flom LLP, Skadden Arps Slate Meagher & Flom, Mayer Brown Rowe & Maw LLP, Winston & Strawn LLP,...
- Defections claw Katten Muchin. Anderson, Veronica // Crain's Chicago Business;7/11/94, Vol. 17 Issue 28, p3
Reports on lawyer Mark A. Dombroff and his insurance litigation group's departure from the law firm Katten Muchin & Zavis of Chicago. Impact of Dombroff's departure on the firm's operations and revenues; Departure of other lawyers.