Report: Issuance Spurt Could Boost Insurance
- Buffett Makes Bond Insurers An Offer They Might Refuse. Hays, Daniel // National Underwriter / P&C;2/18/2008, Vol. 112 Issue 6, p7
The article reports that Warren Buffett, chairman of Berkshire Hathaway Inc., offered a deal to Ambac Financial Group Inc., MBIA Inc., and Financial Guaranty Insurance Co. to guarantee their municipal bonds. It states that the offer would not cover the collateralized debt obligations and other...
- Ambac Reschedules Voting and Confirmation Hearing. Slavin, Robert // Bond Buyer;11/21/2011, Vol. 378 Issue 33619, p5
The article reports that the plan confirmation hearing and voting deadline on a reorganization plan were rescheduled to January 4, 2012 by Municipal bond insurer Ambac Financial Group Inc.
- North Texas Hospital District Files for Bankruptcy. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;1/26/2017, Vol. 1 Issue 34650, p1
Gainesville Hospital District in North Texas is reorganizing under Chapter 9 bankruptcy with $19.7 million of general obligation bonds insured by Ambac.
- Document: Everspan Launch Nearing. HERMAN, JACK // Bond Buyer;2/23/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33067, p1
The article reports that Ambac Financial Group Inc. is getting closer to its launch of municipal-only bond insurer Everspan Financial Guaranty Corp., as evident from a U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission's document. Ambac has given its presentations to the rating agencies for the final...
- Report: Good Returns for Insurers Despite 3Q Dip in Muni Refundings. Carpenter-Kasprzak, Sheri // Bond Buyer;10/17/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 30997, p7
Informs on Banc of America Securities analyst Robert Ryan's forecast on the third-quarter 2000 returns of bond insurers in the United States. Expected drop in municipal refundings; Earnings per share growth for insurers Ambac Financial Group Inc. and MBIA Inc.
- U.S. Plan May Help Insurers Sell Bonds. // American Banker;10/17/2008, Vol. 173 Issue 201, p5
The article reports on speculation that MBIA Inc. and Ambac Financial Group Inc. may be able to use the United States Treasury Department's Troubled Asset Relief Program (TARP) to liquidate bonds which back securities that the companies have guaranteed. MBIA, Ambac, and three other bond insurers...
- Insuring A Job? Papini, Jessica // Investment Dealers' Digest;1/14/2008, Vol. 74 Issue 2, p9
The article focuses on the business performance of several bond insurers in the U.S. In December 2007, Fitch Ratings announced that it had placed the AA ratings of bond insurer MBIA Inc. which reveals that its share were down over 70%. Ambac Financial Group Inc. reveals a AAA ratings because the...
- Bond Insurers: Ambac, MBIA Stocks Reverse Fortune to Enjoy Heady Increase in November. Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;12/06/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31279, p29
Focuses on stock prices of bond insurance holding companies Municipal Bond Investors Assurance Inc. and Ambac Financial Group Inc. in November 2001. Statistics regarding average percentage of stock prices; Significance of the data for bond insurance sector; Projected interest rates on stocks...
- Insurers See Reinsurance As 1st Capital Option. Hanson, Matthew // Bond Buyer;11/28/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32762, p1
The article reports on the plans of the Ambac Financial Group Inc., and MBIA Inc., to reinusure their municipal bonds to increase more capital in New York. Ambac Financial Group Inc., and MBIA Inc., is recognized as one the largest triple-A bond insurers in the region. Both companies'...