Fitch Threatens ACA Financial Guaranty With Downgrade
- ACA Financial Guaranty Put On S&P Watch List. // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;01/29/2001, Vol. 105 Issue 5, p25
Reports the rating given by Standard & Poor's to ACA Financial Guaranty Corp. in New York. Reason for the rating; Capitalization plan of ACA; Factors to be considered by Fitch company in revising the financial rating of the company.
- ACA Asks Fitch to Withdraw Insurer Rating After Downgrade. Walker, Susanne; Chang, Helen // Bond Buyer;5/12/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31882, p1
Reports that ACA Financial Guaranty Corp. asked Fitch Ratings Inc. to withdraw its rating on the insurer after the agency downgraded its financial-strength rating in New York City. Decision of Fitch to change the status of ACA's ratings; Response of the insurer to the action of Fitch; Request...
- ACA Spreads Widen as Insurer Continues Seeking Capital. Chang, Helen // Bond Buyer;7/21/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31930, p1
Reports on U.S. insurer ACA Financial Guaranty Corp.'s efforts to raise capital as spreads on bonds it insured widened since Fitch Ratings Inc. issued a ratings downgrade in May 2004. Reasons behind the downgrade; Equity capital contributed by ACA's existing investors; Financial woes encountered...
- ACA Conference Call to Address S&P Action. Carpenter-Kasprzak, Sheri // Bond Buyer;01/05/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31051, p5
Reports on ACA Financial Guaranty Corp.'s plans to hold a conference on January 5, 2001, to address Standard & Poor's decision to place the insurance firm on CreditWatch because the bond insurer failed to raise additional capital.
- One leaves, two rise, and three join ACA Financial. Sherman, Lynn // Bond Buyer;04/06/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30613, p25
Reports that ACA Financial Guaranty Corp. has promoted two veteran executives to its underwriting department and added three underwriters. Reasons for the changes in the executives of the company; Strength of the underwriting department of the company.
- Credits on the fringe benefit bond insurer. Pallarito, Karen // Modern Healthcare;04/26/99, Vol. 29 Issue 17, p44
Features ACA Financial Guaranty Corp., a New York, New York-based provider of municipal bond insurance. Information on the portfolio of ACA; Premium range; Advantages of the A rating of ACA.
- Amid Executive Shake-Ups, ACA Announces 65% Earnings Increase. Chang, Helen; Briggs, Amanda // Bond Buyer;5/17/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31885, p1
Reports on bond insurer ACA Financial Guaranty Corp.'s posting of higher earnings for the first quarter of 2004 amid key executive changes, including the resignation of chief executive officer Michael Satz. ACA's actual and forecasted earnings; Net income for the period; Satz's reasons for...
- Napa, Calif., 'Wine Shrine' All Tapped Out. Herman, Jack; Ward, Andrew // Bond Buyer;12/30/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 33031, p1
The article reports on the move of Copia: The American Center for Wine, Food and the Arts, a bankrupt nonprofit organization with about $77 million of outstanding tax-exempt bonds, to abandon its attempt to secure debtor-in-possession financing in Napa, California. It states that without DIP...
- ACA Tells Investors of Its Plans To Attract New Capital Sources. Carpenter, Sheri // Bond Buyer;03/30/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30860, p1
Reports on the plans of insurer ACA Financial Guaranty Corp. to attract capital sources under the leadership of its chief executive H. Russell Fraser. Negotiations with banks to obtain soft capital; Replacement of a reinsurance agreement with ACE Capital Re Bermuda; Lessons from the experience...