Gov. Glendening Proposes Plan for $563.3 Million in Bonds
- Northeast. Vadum, Mathew // Bond Buyer;01/24/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30813, p2A
Reports on Maryland Governor Parris Glendening's proposed operating budget in 2000.
- Maryland House Breaks With Governor On Budget, Refuses to Delay Tax Cut. Vekshin, Alison // Bond Buyer;3/27/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31353, p5
Reports the passing of a budget bill by governor, Parris N. Glendening before the house of delegates in Maryland. Reduction of the fundings for governors; Completion of the budget process by the legislature; Details on the meeting of the Senate and house of representatives.
- Budget teeters on cigarette tax. // State Government News;Mar99, Vol. 42 Issue 2, p6
Reports on a cigarette tax increase in Maryland on which the state's budget depends. Statement from Maryland Governor Parris Glendening.
- Maryland Governor urges $1 billion in bonds for transportation. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;01/20/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30811, p5
Reports that Maryland Governor Parris N. Glendening has asked the state General Assembly to approve a proposed operating budget. Inclusion of a revenue bonds to finance transportation projects; Resistance to pressure for more tax relief; Focus on providing funds for government projects.
- Outgoing Maryland Gov. Unveils Borrowing Budget. Vekshin, Alison // Bond Buyer;1/23/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31309, p4
Reports on the plans of Maryland Governor Parris N. Glendening to finance the state's fiscal 2003 capital budget with general obligation bonds. Reasons behind issue of bonds for the capital budget; Provisions of the transportation construction budget.
- Maryland Governor Proposes Raising Cap on State's Capital Debt Issuance. Vekshin, Alison // Bond Buyer;1/16/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31305, p5
Reports that Parris N. Glendening, Governor of Maryland, has proposed an increase in the state's capital construction debt limit as part of his fiscal 2003 budget plan. Benefits of an increase in debt limit for the state; Bond rating of the state; Expectation of a decrease in state revenue by...
- Glendening eyes Maryland surplus, not bonds, to pay for Wilson bridge. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;10/15/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30748, p7
Reports on Maryland Governor Parris Glendening's plans to use part of the state's budget surplus to pay for its share in the construction work on the Woodrow Wilson Bridge. Amount proposed by Glendening for the project; Maryland's options in financing the project; Current condition of the bridge.
- Discipline, Internet access top Glendening's agenda. Portner, Jessica // Education Week;1/31/96, Vol. 15 Issue 19, p11
States that Maryland governor Parris N. Glendening focus is on strengthening student-discipline codes and boosting technology spending. What other proposals entails.
- Maryland's Glendening Highlights Education, Environment in Address. Floyd, Daniel F. // Bond Buyer;01/18/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31059, p32
Reports on the growth of Maryland's economy, according to Governor Parris N. Glendening's state of the state address held January 17, 20001. Glendening's achievements during the course of his seven-year administration; Three challenges outlined by Glendening.