AARP Will Not Pursue Tax-Exempt Deal, Official Says
- District of Columbia May Issue $150 Million in Bonds for AARP. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;01/11/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31055, p6
Reports on the plans to issue bonds by Washington D.C. for the American Association of Retired Persons (AARP). Process of working out a financing package plan for the AARP.
- Representative payees handle affairs for elders in 11 states. // Aging;1990, Issue 360, p43
Reports on the Representative Payee Project of AARP's Legal Counsel for the Elderly (LCE). What it does; An example; Where the projects are located; Number of volunteers.
- Resources for older drivers. // Aging;1994, Issue 366, p51
Presents the guidebook published by the American Association of Retired Persons, on the assessment of older drivers, driving skills. Other resources for older drivers.
- Leaders of the American Association of Retired Persons. MacLachlan, Suzanne; Mutch, David // Christian Science Monitor;6/22/95, Vol. 87 Issue 145, p2
Reports the defense by the leaders of the American Association of Retired Persons at the Senate Finance Committee hearings on their tax exemption and their business ties.
- HMOs to make bids on AARP health plan. // Best's Review / Life-Health Insurance Edition;Jul96, Vol. 97 Issue 3, p92
Reports on the American Association of Retired Persons' (AARP) claim that health maintenance organizations were among the bidders when it tool plans in June 1996 for replacement of its health insurance offering. Coverage offered by prudential to the AARP; Comments of AARP director of insurance...
- AARP seeks bids on managed care programs. // Best's Review / Life-Health Insurance Edition;Oct96, Vol. 97 Issue 6, p82
Reports that the American Association of Retired Persons (AARP) has invited key health maintenance organizations to bid on managed care products to offer its members in various regions. Request made by the AARP for potential bidders; End of AARP's agreement with Prudential Insurance Co. of America.
- The world according to AARP. Baker, R. // American Demographics;May92, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p23
Lists all the things the author does not want to hear from the American Association of Retired Persons (AARP). Received first mailing from AARP on 50th birth day; Says 50-year-olds not in same group as those over 65; More.
- The AARP grows `younger'. Thredgold, Jeff // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;06/09/97, Vol. 26 Issue 50, p19
Reports on the redefinition of the American Association of Retired Persons (AARP) through the entry of new and younger members. Possibilities of substantial growth for the AARP.
- AARP gives legislative wish list for 1997 session. Reed, Vita // Las Vegas Business Press;08/12/96, Vol. 13 Issue 46, p3
Features the Nevada chapter of the American Association of Retired Persons (AARP). Group's plan to participate in the state's legislative session; Organization's legislative wish list for the 1997 session.