Senate Confirms Norman Y. Mineta as Secretary of Transportation
- An Outsider Moves In. Murray, Mark // National Journal;1/27/2001, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p271
Focuses on the appointment of Democrat Norman Mineta as head of the United States (U.S.) Transportation Department by U.S. President George W. Bush. Debate on his political power; Recognition of politicians on his achievements; Criticisms on his appointment.
- Clinton Nominates Mineta for Commerce Secretary. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;06/30/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30924, p5
Reports on the nomination of Norman Mineta to the position of commerce secretary. Career history of Mineta.
- Nason Heads Liaison Office. Keane, Angela Greiling // Traffic World;9/8/2003, Vol. 267 Issue 36, p13
Reports on the U.S. Department of Transportation's appointment of Nicole Nason as assistant secretary for governmental affairs. Roles and responsibilities; Nason's career history.
- WASHINGTON OBSERVER. Ichniowski, Tom; Winston, Sherie // ENR: Engineering News-Record;02/26/2001, Vol. 246 Issue 8, p11
Presents news from the United States as of February 2001. Projects of the Department of Transportation; Contractor rules; Candidates floated for agencies; California powerplant reviews.
- LABOR GIVES FERRO PICK THUMBS DOWN. Cassidy, William B. // Journal of Commerce (1542-3867);6/15/2009, Vol. 10 Issue 24, p16
The article reports on the Teamsters union's disapproval over U.S. President Barack Obama's choice of Anne S. Ferro as secretary of the U.S. Department of Transportation's truck safety agency. The nomination prompted an outcry from the union, who believes that the individual appointed to the...
- Mineta Vows Action on Air Delays, But Warns Quick Relief Is Unlikely. Michels, Jennifer // Travel Agent;01/29/2001, Vol. 302 Issue 11, p6
Reports on the appointment of Norman Mineta as secretary of the United States Department of Transportation. Solutions to airport congestions; Transportation infrastructure of the country; Reduction of air delays.
- DOT's Mineta Has an Agenda, But Now Comes the Hard Part. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;01/29/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31065, p7
Highlights United States Department of Transportation head Norman Mineta's agenda under the Bush administration. Mineta's plan to alleviate the pervasive congestion slowing the flow of goods and commuters throughout the country; Proposal to modernize the air traffic control system; Profile of...
- Picking a winner. Kahaner, Larry // Fleet Owner;Feb2001, Vol. 96 Issue 2, p9
Features Norman Mineta, appointee of United States (U.S.) President George W. Bush as Secretary of Transportation. Political career; Experiences and achievement related to the transportation industry in the U.S.; Speculations on the issues that Mineta will prioritize after his confirmation.
- DOT's Mineta promises close look at driver distractions. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR Wireless News;1/29/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p6
Focuses on transportation issues identified by United States Department of Transportation head Norman Mineta as his main priorities for 2001.