Senator Wants More Veterans Eligible for Mortgage Bonds
- Kohl legislation aims to consolidate appeals to federal rulings. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR;09/22/97, Vol. 16 Issue 38, p5
Reports on the introduction of a legislation to consolidate all appeals of state and federal regulatory rulings in the District of Columbia federal circuit court, by Senator Herb Kohl. Reference to the enactment of the 1996 Telecom Act; Reference to a statement made to the Senate judiciary...
- NCBA honors Sen. Kohl. // Rural Cooperatives;Jul/Aug2001, Vol. 68 Issue 4, p28
Reports the recognition given to United States Senator Herb Kohl by the National Cooperative Business Association (NCBA) for his commitment to the cooperative industry in Wisconsin. Citation on the rural cooperative development grant programs supported by Kohl; Benefits on the program on the...
- Simplifying Drug Disposal. Mitka, Mike // JAMA: Journal of the American Medical Association;8/11/2010, Vol. 304 Issue 6, p628
The article focuses on a call from Democratic Senator Herb Kohl of Wisconsin on the establishment of a single federal guideline for drug disposal to allow an easy removal of potentially dangerous medication by people from their homes to prevent drug abuse.
- Guidance on tax-exempt bonds issued. // Practical Accountant;Jun94, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p21
Reports that final, temporary (TD 8538) and proposed regs (FI-7-94) have been issued on arbitrage restrictions on tax-exempt bonds.
- Freed's approved for BFA bonds. // New Hampshire Business Review;5/24/96, Vol. 18 Issue 11, p34
Reports that the state Business Finance Authority has given final approval for tax-exempt bonds to Freed's Bakery in Manchester, New Hampshire.
- Columbus readies pension bond sale after IRS fails to appeal tax ruling. Goldsmith, Steve // Bond Buyer;07/08/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30430, p30
Focuses on the scheduled sale of tax-exempt pension bonds by Columbus, Ohio after a four-year legal battle with the US Internal Revenue Service. Total worth of bonds to be sold by the city; Features of the ruling in the case; Implications of the ruling for other cities issuing bonds in Ohio.
- Wage data could provide direction. Rannazzisi, Julie // Bond Buyer;07/30/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30446, p1
Focuses on the sluggishness of trading results for tax exempt mortgage bonds in the United States on July 29, 1998. Top yield recorded by bonds from Financial Security Assurance; Spread between two-year notes and 30-year bond government bonds.
- `Prepayment boom' may hold investors back from mortgage revenue bonds. Cintron, Ivan // Bond Buyer;09/10/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30475, p7
Details findings of a report, entitled `The Prepayment Boom Arrives,' which shows an increase in prepayments on tax-exempt, single-family mortgage revenue bonds in the United States. Risk factors involved in prepayment activity; Comments of Merrill Lynch & Co. analyst Kurt van Kuller on factors...
- NEW YORK. // Bond Buyer;10/3/2011, Vol. 378 Issue 33592, p9
The article reports on the 739 million dollars of tax-exempt and tax new money that was sold by New York City (N.Y.C.) on September 2011, as well as on the general obligations bond it has reoffered.