New Jersey's Appropriation Debt Passes Constitutional Muster
- Lonegan vs. Rothman. // Human Events;05/29/98, Vol. 54 Issue 21, p18
Presents information on New Jersey's 9th District senate race with reference to Mayor Steve Lonegan. Reference to archliberal Representative Steve Rothman (D.); Comments from Lonegam; Background information on Lonegan; Career information on Lonegan.
- Battle over a Spanish-Language Billboard. Goldstein, Scott // njbiz;7/31/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 31, p3
The article reports that Bogota, New Jersey Mayor Steve Lonegan has sent a letter to McDonald's asking it to take down a Spanish-language billboard for a new iced coffee. Lonegan says the billboard sends an offensive language to Hispanics. However, McDonald's has refused to take down the sign,...
- Newark Mayor Booker releases tax returns. // Hill;9/9/2013, Vol. 20 Issue 98, p15
The article reports that Newark Mayor Cory Booker, a candidate in the New Jersey Senate seat, has released his tax returns for 15 years in response to the challenge of transparency demanded by opposing Republican candidate Steve Lonegan.
- Senate race tightening between Booker and Lonegan. TOWNES, GLENN // New York Amsterdam News;10/3/2013, Vol. 104 Issue 40, p4
The article reports on a new poll which reveals that the U.S. Senate race between Republican candidate Steve Lonegan and Mayor Cory Booker of Newark, New Jersey has tightened in September 2013.
- Booker's star fades a bit in NJ Senate race. Jaffe, Alexandra // Hill;10/2/2013, Vol. 20 Issue 111, p17
The article reports that Newark, New Jersey Mayor Cory Booker is loosing some brilliancy of his bid for Senate in New Jersey, which according to the survey from August and early September 2013, his Republican opponent, former Bogota Mayor Steve Lonegan is leading by between 25 and 35 points.
- QUOTE MARKS. // njbiz;10/28/2013, Vol. 26 Issue 42, p17
The article presents quotes from U.S. President Barack Obama about the technology problems of the Affordable Care Act Web site, "Star-Ledger" online newspaper's editorial board regarding its endorsement of New Jersey Governor Chris Christie for governor, and businessman Steve Lonegan on the...
- Booker wins senate seat. Townes, Glenn // Michigan Citizen;10/27/2013, Vol. 35 Issue 51, pA5
The article reports on the victory of Newark, New Jersey Mayor Cory Booker in the U.S. Senatorial election against Republican candidate Steve Lonegan on October 16, 2013.
- McDonald's Billboard Gets It Right. Jara, Daniel M. // njbiz;8/7/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 32, p14
The article offers reflections on the request issued by Bogota, New Jersey Mayor Steve Lonegan and the borough council to remove a Spanish-language billboard advertisement of McDonald's for its iced coffee drink in 2006. It addresses the arguments posed by Lonegan that the company is dividing...
- Lonegan shows the way ahead. BELL, JEFFREY // Hill;10/21/2013, Vol. 20 Issue 118, p22
The author reflects on the predicament of New Jersey senate candidate Steve Lonegan who lost to Newark Mayor Cory Booker by 10.3 percentage points, which he believes illustrates the future of Republican politics.