NABL Board Sets High-Level Meetings
- Treasury Official: Inversion Discussion Relevant to Muni Market. Jagoda, Naomi // Bond Buyer;9/22/2014, Vol. 1 Issue 34181, p1
The discussion in Washington D.C. about corporate inversions has implications for the municipal bond market, a Treasury Department official told bond lawyers meeting here.
- NABL Releases Bold Plan to Shift Liability Away From Bondholders. Kinnander, Ola; Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;11/29/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31274, p1
Reports on the proposal of the National Association of Bond lawyers to change municipal bond enforcement in the U.S. Impact of the proposal on bondholders liability for tax violations; Implications of the proposal on responsibility of issuers for tax law compliance; Plans for initiation of a...
- Panel: Counsel should revisit unqualified opinion standard. Hume, Lynn Stevens // Bond Buyer;05/11/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30390, p36
Reports on issues discussed during the May 8, 1998 seminar of the National Association of Bond Lawyers. Unreliability of unqualified bond opinions in making municipal bond decisions; Complexity of rules that apply to municipal transactions; Prospects for a revised `model engagement letter' that...
- NABL: Target tax benefits. Hume, Lynne // Bond Buyer;02/17/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30831, p1
Reports that the United States-based National Association of Bond Lawyers' (NABL) Task Force on Financial Products is developing products for the municipal bond market as of February 17, 2000. Tax-exempt bond products; Sale of non-tax-exempt products to pension funds.
- NABL's Pope Says Appeals Court Ruling Has Serious Implications for Leases, COPs. Hume, Lynn Stevens // Bond Buyer;09/18/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30481, p4
Warns of the implications for `subject-to-appropriation bonds' and `non-debt debt' of the Eighth United States Circuit Court of Appeals ruling in `Franklin High Yield Tax-Free Income Fund v. County of Marin.' Speech by Robert Dean Dean, former president of the National Association of Bond...
- MUNICIPAL BOND ACTIVITIES. // Bond Buyer;2/20/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31576, p28
Lists activities of groups and organizations associated with municipal bonds in the U.S., as of February 20, 2003. Convention of the National Association of Bond Lawyers for persons with municipal finance experience; Workshop to be held by the California Debt and Investment Advisory Commission...
- Maintaining Integrity. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;2/22/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32075, p1
The article reports that MSRB executive director Christopher Taylor has recently said that bond lawyers must do everything the can to help preserve the municipal bond market's integrity in the face of serious challenges that could undermine it. Taylor then ticked off a series of corruption cases...
- A Subtle Change In Muni Swaps. O'Leary, Christopher // Investment Dealers' Digest;4/21/2003, Vol. 69 Issue 16, p11
Reports on the U.S. municipal bond sector as of April 21, 2003. Strong new issue volume; Municipal bond swaps market players' use of the London Interbank Offered Rate (Libor) instead of the Municipal Swap Index; Reasons for the preference for Libor; Influence of 'non-traditional' investors on...
- Yields Rise 1 to 2 Basis Points; D.C. Sells $330 Million of GOs. Chelsa, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;7/18/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31680, p2
Reports on the rise in yields from New York City's municipal bonds on July 17, 2003. Sale of general obligation bonds by District of Columbia; Bonds offered in the market; Yields from other bonds.