In the Loop
- Scholastic Buys Pfeifer-Hamilton Kids' List. Britton, Jason // Publishers Weekly;1/8/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 2, p12
Reports that Scholastic has acquired the rights to Pfeifer-Hamilton's children's books, including the best-selling titles `Old Turtle' and `The Quiltmaker's Gift.' Estimated number of copies of `Old Turtle' and `The Quiltmaker's Gift' that the publisher sold.
- Small publishers. // Publishers Weekly;11/21/1994, Vol. 241 Issue 47, p57
Features Pfeiffer-Hamilton Publishers, a small publishing company in Duluth, Minnesota. Donald Tubesing as president; Financial performance for the fiscal year ended June 30, 1994; Factors that influence the company's performance.
- Cornell No.1 in Duct Tape league. // Publishers Weekly;9/18/1995, Vol. 242 Issue 38, p33
Reports that the Cornell University Campus Store in Ithaca, New York, has won Pfeifer-Hamilton Publisher's `Duct Tape Book' display contest.
- Speed Is Key for Component Printers. Curwen, Ginger // Publishers Weekly;10/28/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 43, pS12
Discusses the technology improvement efforts by several component printers in the book trade. Phoenix Color; Coral Graphic Services; Jaguar Advanced Graphics.
- Dynamic Graphic Buys Coral Graphic. // Publishers Weekly;2/5/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 6, p19
Reports on the acquisition of Coral Graphic Services company by Dynamic Graphic Finishing company . Significance of the acquisition to Dynamic; Focus of the book printing and manufacturing business of Coral.
- Publisher offers bookseller grants. // Publishers Weekly;3/14/1994, Vol. 241 Issue 11, p11
Reports on Pfeifer-Hamilton's announcement concerning its book `The Old Turtle.' Book as the winner of 1992's American Bookseller Book of the Year award; Commitment of a percentage of profits to projects that promote environmental or peace education; Contest for children.
- Scholastic looks at India's one billion people and sees potential customers. // Book Publishing Report;11/01/99, Vol. 24 Issue 43, p1
Reports on publisher Scholastic's targeting of India as a potentially lucrative market. Publication of titles specifically for the Indian market in both English and Hindi; Development of a manufacturing plan with attempts to find the right mix of local and foreign production; Need for the...
- Arvato on schedule. // Printing World;9/2/2004, Vol. 287 Issue 11, p4
Reports on the readiness of printing company, Arvato to build its gravure printing facility in Liverpool, England.
- Wait Till Next Year. Curwen, Ginger // Publishers Weekly;10/11/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 41, p45
Presents the views of several manufacturers and publishers in the U.S. regarding the books industry. Reason for the slowdown in the four-color children's books business of Offset Paperback Manufacturing and Berryvile Graphics, according to its executive, Randy Xenakis; Amount of sales from...