Santa Delivers Poor Holiday Results For The Nation's Booksellers In 2000
- Smaller bookstores write own stories. Grant, Elaine X. // Crain's New York Business;05/01/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 18, p16
Reports on the success of smaller bookstores in the United States. Services offered; Specialty in niches; Focus on bookstores in New York City; Sales of mystery bookstore Murder Ink in 1999; Books of Wonder's concentration on the children's market; Level of service provided by the bookstore A...
- Tucson-area bookstores. Yager, Tanya // Inside Tucson Business;06/07/99, Vol. 9 Issue 11, p16
Ranks the 18 biggest bookstores in Tucson, Arizona, for 1999 based on their number of book titles in stock. Bookman's Used Books, Music & Software; Cover Story; Borders Books, Music & Cafe.
- THE JOYS OF SELLING. Slopen, Beverly // Books in Canada;Jun76, Vol. 5 Issue 6, p8
Focuses on events concerning bookselling in Canada. Problems in running businessman Norm Lewis' bookshop called Norm's Territorial Book and Stationary Limited; Difference in marketing strategy between businessmen Jack Cole and Louis Melzack, owners of Coles and Classic Book Shops; View of Barry...
- Bookstores. // Inside Tucson Business;3/3/2003, Vol. 12 Issue 40, p16
Lists the largest bookstores in Tucson, Arizona ranked by the total number of titles, compiled as of March 3, 2003. Bookman's Used Books, Music & Software; Cover Story; Borders, Books, Music & Cafe.
- ANOTHER CHAPTER. Scott, Jason // Central Penn Business Journal;11/18/2011, Vol. 27 Issue 47, p3
The article reports on Harrisburg, Pennsylvania's Midtown Scholar Bookstore which has launched their first book as part of the newly inaugurated Midtown Scholar Press in November 2011.
- It is done. Kaminer, Ariel // New York;6/24/96, Vol. 29 Issue 25, p40
Mourns the closing of Shakespeare & Co.'s book store on the corner of Broadway and 81st Street. Comparison of the types of employees who work at Shakespeare and those who work for the super bookstores of Barnes & Noble; Problem of Shakespeare & Co.'s attitude toward best-sellers.
- Superstore score. Toller, Carol // Quill & Quire;Mar1997, Vol. 63 Issue 3, p1
Reports on the third 'Quill & Quire' bookstore survey conducted in Canada to verify the availability of books and staff services in various bookstores. Pricing strategy and in-store promotion schemes launched by the stores; Range and category of book inventories; Staff and services offered;...
- A Colorado downtown's demise, bookwise. S.Z. // Publishers Weekly;1/12/1998, Vol. 245 Issue 2, p21
Reports on the closing of Readmor Book and Magazine Newstand in Grand Junction, Colorado. The blame on superstore competition; The fact that Crystal Books and Gifts is the only surviving independent bookstore left there.
- Points of sale. Rosen, Judith // Publishers Weekly;8/2/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 31, p23
Offers merchandising tips and techniques for children's booksellers. How Lyndall Otto, co-owner with her husband Ron Otto of Hillside Pharmacy turned drugstore sidelines into a children's bookstore; Details on the facilities at Barron's bookstore in Longview, Texas.