Offering Price Escalates In Trilogy's Hostile Takeover Bid For Chapters
- As Deadline Approached, Chapters Gave Up Fight Against Trilogy Bid. // Book Publishing Report;02/05/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p2
Reports that Canadian bookselling chain Chapters Inc. has decided to sell to Trilogy Retail Enterprises. Reason behind the company's move; Price per share of stocks under the acquisition agreement; Comment from Trilogy president Gerald Schwartz regarding the transaction.
- HARD LINES. // Chain Store Age;Mar2001, Vol. 77 Issue 3, p26
Presents updates on the retail industry in North America as of March 2001. Expansion of home improvement retailer Lowe's Cos.; Agreement of The Home Depot's Eastern Great Lakes and Western Great Lakes divisions to form the Midwest division; Merger of Trilogy Retail Enterprises with Chapters Inc.
- Investment Group Makes Offer for Chapters. Eichler, Leah // Publishers Weekly;12/4/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 49, p9
Focuses on the bid of Indigo company to purchase Chapters through Trilogy Retail Enterprises L.P. Possible benefits of the merger; Rejection of the bid by Chapters; Business operations of the company; Concerns regarding the potential merger.
- Canada's book war results in Chapters buyout. Fox, Jim // DSN Retailing Today;3/5/2001, Vol. 40 Issue 5, p2
Reports that Trilogy Retail Enterprises LP has won the bid to control Chapters Inc., a book retailer in Canada. Value of Trilogy's bid; Selection of Chapters board members; Information on Chapters Inc.
- Chapters Realigns as Takeover Battle Continues. Eichler, Leah // Publishers Weekly;12/18/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 51, p9
Reports on the restructuring plans announced by book retailer Chapters Inc. as of December 2000. Relation of the plans to the unsolicited takeover bid from Trilogy Retail Enterprises; Details of the restructuring plans; Comments of the company on the takeover bid. INSET: Y.S. Chi to Join...
- Chapters' Plans for Chapters Online Murky. Eichler, Leah // Publishers Weekly;3/5/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 10, p14
Reports on the uncertainty over the future of Chapters Online after the acquisition of Chapters Inc. by Trilogy Retail company. Withdrawal of Chapters Inc. from the bid for the remainder of Chapter Online shares; Previous offer made by Chapters Inc.; Reason for the withdrawal of the bid.
- Canadian Bookseller Pleads For Shareholders To Reject Takeover Bid. // Book Publishing Report;12/18/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 49, p5
Reports on the battle between Chapter Inc. and its unwelcome prospective buyer, Trilogy Retail Enterprises. Companies' efforts to win shareholders' votes; Chapters' hiring of public relations firm Coltrin & Associates Inc. to handle communications related to the takeover attempt.
- Yet Another Chapter Added To Canadian Bookselling's Big Drama. // Book Publishing Report;01/29/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p5
Reports the takeover bid of several bookselling chains in Canada. Information on the bid proposals of Trilogy Retail Enterprises and Future Shop for the acquisition of Chapters Inc.; Details on the decision of the Ontario Securities Commission (OSC) regarding the takeover; Claims made by...
- Chapters to open three superstores in Canada. // Publishers Weekly;Aug1995, Vol. 242 Issue 33, p21
Reports on Chapters' plan to open bookstores in Canada. Proposed locations of the bookstores; Plan for opening of more stores.