Publishers Say Children's Book Sales Continued To Rise In November
- FALL SEASON BY THE NUMBERS. // Publishers Weekly;9/19/2005, Vol. 252 Issue 37, p6
This article presents statistical information on the book industry in the U.S. There are 185 adult hardcovers with announced first printings of more than 100,000 copies. There are 33% return rate of adult hardcovers in 2004. There are 16 adult hardcovers with first printings of more than 100,000...
- Children's book publishing on the ascent. Donovan, John // Publishing Research Quarterly;Fall91, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p7
Reviews trends in children's book publishing and bookselling, focusing on retail sales. Evidence for optimism in this segment of the book publishing industry.
- Notes. // Publishers Weekly;5/24/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 21, p80
Reports on developments related to children's book trade as of May 24, 1999. Includes release of the book `Raggedy Ann's Tea Party Book,' by Elizabeth Silbaugh; `Wedding Bells for Rotten Ralph,' by Jack Gantos.
- Children's Paperback Segment Leads Industry-Wide Increases In August. // Book Publishing Report;10/16/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 41, p5
Highlights the strong performance of children's paperback category in August 2000. Evidence of Scholastic's power; Adult hardcover sales; Professional and educational book publishers' failure to bring significant sales increases.
- Who's Afraid of Harry Potter? Leading Competitors In The Children's Book Market Say Bring It On. // Book Publishing Report;2/24/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 8, p4
Announces the launch of children's books from different book publishers. 'City of Ember,' by Jeanne Duprau; 'Second Summer of the Sisterhood,' by Ann Brashare; 'The Spiderwick Chronicles.'
- Editorial. Kailis, Lefki // Reading Time;Nov2002, Vol. 46 Issue 4, p2
Editorial. Presents an article on being a National Executive of the Children's Book Council of Australia (CBCA). Change within the CBCA; Information on the Book Assistance Industry Plan.
- Spring 2003 Children's Books. Roback, Diane; Bean, Joy // Publishers Weekly;2/10/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 6, p71
Introduces a series of articles which deals with the state of the children's books business.
- ON SALE IN APRIL. Abbott, Charlotte; Sellers, John // Publishers Weekly;3/17/2008, Vol. 255 Issue 11, p40
A list children's book on sale in April 2008 is presented, including "Narnia Chronology," by Mary Jane Wilkins, "The Clique Summer Collection: Massie by Lisi Harrison and "Unaccustomed Earth," by Jhumpa Lahiri.
- WORLD OF PRINT. // School Library Journal;Aug87, Vol. 33 Issue 11, p18
Reports on books released as of August 1987. 'The RIF Guide to Encouraging Young Readers,' from Reading is Fundamental; 'Children's Literature in the Reading Program,' edited by Bernice E. Cullinan; Distribution of the book 'Dr. Seuss From THEN to NOW,' in September 1987 by Random House; 'Two...