Vermont Governor Seeks a 5.8% Budget Increase
- Tough-to-Stomach Prospects. Hickey, Jennifer G. // Insight on the News;8/19/2003, Vol. 19 Issue 18, p14
Discusses various issues in the U.S. as of September 2002. Presidential candidacy of former Vermont Governor Howard Dean; Budget deficits; Social Security and Medicare; Presidential nominations.
- Why All Americans Should Root for Dean. Sullivan, Andrew // Time International (South Pacific Edition);2/9/2004, Issue 5, p64
The author talks about Howard Dean and why U.S. citizens should root for him to win the U.S. presidency. The author asserts that Dean compared to John Kerry, held a serious executive office including balancing budgets, reforming health care and innovating on civil rights. Dean has also a more...
- Capital Briefs. // Human Events;10/13/2003, Vol. 59 Issue 35, p2
Presents news briefs related to politics in the U.S. as of October 2003. Percentage of the public who think that news media are liberal; Statement issued by former Governor Howard Dean on budget amendment; Decision of Senator Bob Graham to withdraw from the presidential election.
- Vt. Gov. Dean Won't Run Again. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;9/6/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31218, p2
Reports that Vermont Governor Howard Dean will not run for reelection in 2002.
- Dean rocks H'w'd. Snyder, Gabriel // Daily Variety;12/18/2003, Vol. 281 Issue 53, p50
Highlights the fundraising musical concert at the House of Blues attended by Howard Dean at the Hollywood in Los Angeles, California. Performers at the concert; Request for the performance of The Bangles; Role of Dean during the concert.
- Blame it on Howard Dean. Njolinjo, Dalitso // Moderate Voice;1/20/2010, p4
A blog on politician Howard Dean from Dalitso Njolinjo is presented.
- Not Howard Dean. // Hill;2/12/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 17, p22
The author reflects that former Democratic National Committee (DNC) Chairman Howard Dean has proven many of his critics wrong over the years.
- Howard Dean to Democrats: Don't Assume Sarah Palin Would Lose to Barack Obama. GANDELMAN, JOE // Moderate Voice;6/5/2011, p4
The article presents a blog of several U.S. politicians including Howard Dean, Sarah Palin and President Barack Obama.
- Dean Foods' chairman, Howard Dean, retires. // Nation's Restaurant News;4/29/2002, Vol. 36 Issue 17, p60
Reports on the retirement of chairman Howard M. Dean in Dean Foods Co. in Dallas, Texas. Length of service; Assistance given by Dean to the company; Replacement by chief executive Gregg Engles to the position left by Dean.