NEWS IN BRIEF
- Financial Views. Gibbons, James E. // Appraisal Journal;Jan1983, Vol. 51 Issue 1, p123
Discusses the economic factors that have contributed to the prevailing market conditions in the United States. Inflation and high interest rates; Restrictive credit policy of the U.S. Federal Reserve; Heavy government borrowing; Market's perception of future money conditions; Monetary versus...
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Wednesday, January 31. // Bond Buyer;02/01/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31068, p2
Presents statistics on financial market and the national economy United States on January 31, 2001. Economic indicators; Government securities prices; Municipal bond index; Gross domestic product; Chicago Purchasing Managers Index; New home sales.
- Recession-proof real estate lending? Mack, Earle I. // ABA Banking Journal;Jun79, Vol. 71 Issue 6, p108
No abstract available.
- Monetary Policy. // Economic Trends (07482922);Feb99, p2
Focuses on the growth of the rate of money and inflation in the United States (US) as of February 1, 1999. Comparison between the growth of the rate of money and inflation to gross domestic product in the US; Theory on the cause of inflation in the US; Interest rate movements in the US as of...
- Inflation and Prices. // Economic Trends (07482922);Jan2003, p2
Reports on trends in U.S. consumer price index and inflation. Increase in food and beverage prices; Decline in apparel and transportation indexes; Trends in housing prices.
- Munis Firmer Following Fed Decision. Scarchilli, Michael; Campbell, Dakin // Bond Buyer;12/12/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32772, p2
The author discusses the performances of several economic indicators of the U.S. on December 11, 2007. They report that the municipal market during the date has become firmer by four basis points due to the rallying Treasury market. They also cite that the so-called rallying Treasury market has...
- Shedding light on the U.S. economy with a game of Domestic ABCs. Thredgold, Jeff // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;12/2/2002, Vol. 32 Issue 23, p16
Assesses the semi-annual condition of the U.S. economic indicators as of December 2002. Airlines; Jobs; Mortgage rates; Inflation.
- Introduction. Altman, Roger C.; Bordoff, Jason E.; Orszag, Peter R.; Rubin, Robert E. // Hamilton Project: Strategy Papers;Apr2006, p7
The article looks at the current economic condition in the U.S. It states that by drawing on qualities that the world economy rewards, the U.S. can meet its challenges and fulfill its promise that education and hard work can provide each individual with the opportunity to advance and allow each...
- The Week Ahead/Data: CPI May Be Eclipsed. Showalter, Monica // Bond Buyer;10/17/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 30997, p2
Informs on United States economic indicators that are worth watching. September 2000 consumer price index; Inflation.