A new slant on art deco
- Langtons completes renovation. Baum, Stephanie // Cabinet Maker;08/18/2000, Issue 5201, p6
Reports that Langtons Home Furnishers has completed a revamp of its Leicester, England store and is set to increase the level of contemporary furniture it offers.
- Why standards are top of the list. Shingadic, Ramesh // Convenience Store;2/27/2015, p15
The article offers pieces of advice for retailers about the importance of providing the customers a good shopping environment.
- Sydney: The Wilderness Shop. // Architecture Australia;May/Jun96, Vol. 85 Issue 3, p18
Features the organic ceiling for The Wilderness Shop in Sydney, New South Wales designed and created by architect Steven Kennessey and associate Eric Latour. Materials used for the ceiling.
- Dressed for Excess. // Louisville Magazine;Apr2002, Vol. 53 Issue 4, p15
Features the Queen of Rags, a boutique in Louisville, Kentucky. Colors of the used-clothing rack in the boutique; Motif of the merchandise; Variations of handbags.
- The design/build option. Wilson, Marianne // Chain Store Age Executive with Shopping Center Age;Apr95, Vol. 71 Issue 4, p112
Reports that an increasing number of retailers are utilizing design/build negotiated contracts to expand and build new facilities in the United States. Cutting back on in-house development teams; Involvement of design/build contractor in the early stages of the project; Development of the...
- New Labels Come to China. K.D. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;8/15/2000, Vol. 180 Issue 30, p16
Reports on the emergence of a new crop of foreign fashion designers in Shanghai, China. Labels available in China for the first time in fall 2000; Stores.
- Foreign designers seek fame in N.Y. flagships. Edelson, Sharon // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;8/6/1997, Vol. 174 Issue 26, p8
Focuses on foreign designers' opening of retail stores in New York City as part of their efforts to gain share in the United States market. Design and fixtures of flagship stores; Comments of Enrico Libani, president of Selene USA, on the use of flagship store as promotion and marketing tool;...
- Enticing Floors Increase Traffic. Goodman, Richard // Chain Store Age;Mar1999, Vol. 73 Issue 3, p202
Discusses the importance of flooring, an aspect of the retail store that plays a huge role in the level of comfort the shopper feels. Reason shoes always feel more comfortable in the store than they do outside; Why furniture department is always carpeted; Shoppers' walking patterns in malls.
- SoHo getting designer look. Edelson, Sharon // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;4/1/1997, Vol. 173 Issue 60, p2
Reports that the SoHo district in New York City is being populated by national chains as well as American and European fashion designers. New and prospective tenants include Old Navy Clothing Corp. and Gucci; Vacant galleries as main attraction of the place for retailers; Competition for leases.