TITLE

POLL RESULTS

PUB. DATE
April 2009
SOURCE
Community Care;4/16/2009, Issue 1766, p12
SOURCE TYPE
Periodical
DOC. TYPE
Article
ABSTRACT
The article offers information on public opinion on providing social work students with placements in local authorities by universities in Great Britain. 94% of respondents were of the opinion that such placements should be given to social work students. On the other hand, 6% of the respondents were of the opinion that such placements should not be provided.
ACCESSION #
40416450

 

Related Articles

  • Leading Universities Want Higher Fees.  // British Heritage;Sep2010, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p11 

    The article discusses student fees at universities in Great Britain.

  • LEBC quits Sesame.  // Money Marketing;11/17/2011, p2 

    The article informs that the London East Bank College (LEBC), England, is quitting Sesame for Tenet after 11 years.

  • Study launched to examine public view of health and safety. Paton, Nic // Occupational Health;Nov2013, Vol. 65 Issue 11, p6 

    The article discusses a study to be carried out by academics at the universities of Reading and Portsmouth in England and funded by the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) that will examine how the perceived value of health and safety has changed over the past 50 years.

  • Queen's College opens auditorium.  // AV Magazine;May/jun2012, p5 

    The article reports on the opening of the Schulman auditorium by Queen's College in Great Britain.

  • BETT call for collaboration.  // Basic Skills Bulletin;2/25/2013, Issue 114, p3 

    The article discusses the BETT 2013 show held in February 2013 in London, England which argues on the need for colleges in Great Britain to collaborate in using electronic tools in order to build and maintain global competitiveness.

  • UK's unlimited tuition fees a 'grave risk.'.  // TCE: The Chemical Engineer;Nov2010, Issue 833, p18 

    The article reports that proposals to allow universities in Great Britain to control the tuition fees they charge could impact engineering and young people.

  • Social impact on universities.  // Charities Management;2011, Issue 79, p24 

    The article reports on the study by think-tank New Economics Foundation (NEF) which reveals that British universities add at least 1.31 billion pounds a year in value to British society in the form of health and wellbeing, citizenship and political engagement.

  • Map of the Printing Schools of Great Britain. Archer, Caroline // PrintWeek (Haymarket Business Publications Ltd);1/22/2010, p55 

    The article describes the "Map of the Printing Schools of Great Britain" illustrated by England calligrapher Heather Child as a work that includes more than 60 schools established for the printing industry across Great Britain as a result of the British government's 1944 Education Act mandating...

  • Shared services could cut university costs.  // Adults Learning;Jan2011, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p6 

    The article presents the new report by the British Policy Exchange as of January 2011, which showed that universities in Great Britain could lower potential student debt and safeguard teaching and research by introducing innovations in their operations.

Share

Read the Article

Courtesy of VIRGINIA BEACH PUBLIC LIBRARY AND SYSTEM

Sorry, but this item is not currently available from your library.

Try another library?
Sign out of this library

Other Topics