PEOPLE AND POSTS
- on the move. Craig, Tara // Personnel Today;3/24/2009, p21
No abstract available.
- People on the move. // Human Resources (09648380);Mar2009, p15
The article announces career developments of several executives in Great Britain including the appointments of Sarah Coochey as human resource (HR) director at Indesit Co., Morag Day as HR manager at Independent Living Services and Sara Robertson as director of people and organization...
- Top job... Sarah Coochey. // Personnel Today;6/23/2009, p21
The article presents an interview with Sarah Coochey, human resource (HR) director, commercial and corporate functions at Indesit Co. UK Ltd. When asked where was she working before, and what were her responsibilities, she says that she worked at Rolls-Royce with the customer business team of...
- Setting a new standard. Craig, Tara // Personnel Today;6/23/2009, p14
The article profiles Jim Newell and highlights his role as human resource (HR) director at standards developer and business services provider BSI Group. It is said that Newell took a unique route into HR, starting out as an engineer. He left school at 16 for an apprenticeship with GEC and then...
- PEOPLE MOVES. // Employee Benefits;Apr2009, p8
The article announces the appointment of several executives in Great Britain, including Mike Sullivan as president of the Pensions Management Institute (PMI), Kathleen Rowe as group reward manager at Tullow Oil and Jim Newell as group human resource director at BSI Group.
- The Side with the Best Leader Wins. Lutz, Robert A. // Executive Excellence;Aug99, Vol. 16 Issue 8, p11
Describes how business leaders challenge employees to achieve by creating a compelling vision of the future and then unlocking their potential. Human psychological constructs involved in marketing; Development of professional competence; Respect for political realities.
- The Effects of Firm Strategy on the Level and Structure of Executive Compensation. Singh, Parbudyal; Agarwal, Naresh C. // Canadian Journal of Administrative Sciences (Canadian Journal of;Mar2002, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p42
Presents a study that provided additional insights on the determination of executive compensation in Canada. Review of related literature; Discussion on identifiable strategic orientations that affect business management; Effects of firm strategy on the level and structure of chief executive...
- Managers of small firms challenge stereotypes. Baron, Angela // People Management;02/09/95, Vol. 1 Issue 3, p59
Describes the findings of the research on how much the managers of small and medium-sized enterprises know about modern personnel management practices and their relevance to business needs. Managers recognition of the management theory; Discrepancy between the importance of managers; Variety...
- PAGE FOUR...HRD PEOPLE--'YOU'RE WORTH YOUR WEIGHT IN GOLD!' Cook, Michael H. // Training & Development Journal;Jul80, Vol. 34 Issue 7, p4
Focuses on the growing demand for human resource and development (HRD) executives. Types of HRD jobs being offered and the salaries that go with them; Growing importance for human resources people in the upper levels of management.