How I got where I am today
- COMPLETE THIS SENTENCEâ€¦. // People Management;9/4/2008, Vol. 14 Issue 18, p82
This article presents statements from Graham Borley, global training manager at Delphi Diesel Aftermarket, on topics related to human resources (HR). Borley stated that she would probably be a school teacher if she was not in HR. She said that her most embarrassing moment at a job interview is...
- 'TC' Trainers Hail from Int'l Schools. // International Educator;Feb2011, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p15
The article notes that the trainers of the Teacher's Training Center (TTC) who will oversee courses in London, England and Miami, Florida in summer 2011 are experienced international school educators from various countries.
- School's Out Forever. Bastress, Frances // Training & Development Journal;Jun85, Vol. 39 Issue 6, p64
Discusses a teacher's transition to becoming a human resource development (HRD) professional. Internship at the Mid-Atlantic Association for Training and Consulting; Integration of Professional development program and full-time teaching job; Similarity of HRD to teaching.
- A shifting focus: From trainer to learner. Alder, Ann // Training & Development in Australia;Oct2011, Vol. 38 Issue 5, p04
During a recent conversation with a friend who has a son currently training to be a teacher, she quoted her son who said: "Of course, Mum, you trained as a teacher. I'm training as a facilitator of learning".
- The 'train the trainer' myth. Groat, Tony // American Lift & Handlers;Nov/Dec2010, Vol. 5 Issue 6, p32
The article discusses the requirements that enables a trainer to be a qualified aerial work platforms (AWP) instructor. It states that a trainer must have a good command of teaching methods for adult learners and be intuitive and perceptive with people. He must have knowledge of the rules,...
- Lecturers are dual professionals in need of continuous development. Fazaeli, Toni // Workplace Learning & Skills Bulletin;4/22/2013, Issue 72, p12
The article focuses on the role of teachers and trainers in Great Britain maintaining accountability in earlier days. It informs that the idea of a professional body for further education was discussed in journal articles, conference speeches and research papers. It also informs that in the year...
- What's behind the decision to hire external expertise? Ashton, Frank // People Management;11/16/1995, Vol. 1 Issue 23, p47
Analyzes the need of a training consultants by trainers and managers to carry out a project for which expertise is inadequate or absent. Significance of consultants to trainers/managers; What out-of-house trainers can provide.
- Training for trainers. // People Management;03/07/96, Vol. 2 Issue 5, p40
Presents a list of trainings and workshops for trainers in personnel management in United Kingdom. Scope and length of the training; Registration fees; Schedule for the trainings.
- Training for trainers. // People Management;3/21/1996, Vol. 2 Issue 6, p47
Provides information on several training programmes for trainers. Duration to complete the training programmes; Venues and training fees.