Grant Thornton soothes graduate fears with 'live chat.'
- Clicking for companies. Satov, Tamar // CA Magazine;Jan/Feb2002, Vol. 135 Issue 1, p10
Focuses on the electronic tool (e-tool) project launched by Grant Thornton LLP in its Web site, for clients and non-clients. Features of the site from a buyer's perspective; Offerings of the e-tool project; Listings and services.
- WEBSITE OF THE MONTH: GRANTTHORNTON.COM. Anders, Susan B. // CPA Journal;Jun2002, Vol. 72 Issue 6, p14
Reviews the Web site of U.S.-based public accounting firm Grant Thorton.
- Recession hits managed care. Walker, Tracey // Managed Healthcare Executive;Jun2009, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p6
The article discusses the impact of the recession on the healthcare sector in the U.S. It states that the economic downturn may lead to an increase in consolidation among healthcare providers and the weaker ones may be forced to hold on to a more stable firm or suspend its operations. It cites a...
- NEWS Digest. // CPA Practice Management Forum;2005, Vol. 1 Issue 1, p23
The article offers news briefs on the U.S. accounting industry as of January 2005. Grant Thornton has launched a web site called Grant Thornton Alumni Network. The National Management of Accounting Practice Survey showed an increase in revenues of accounting firms in 2004.
- Grant Thornton launches family company website. // Accountancy;Dec2002, Vol. 130 Issue 1312, p28
The article reports on the launching of family company Web site by accountancy firm Grant Thornton LP. The Web site meets the requirements of family run business. The Web site gives the managers of family run business "a forum to share ideas with others and to pose questions," according to Paul...
- Graduates interrogate MI5 spies on the web. // Personnel Today;1/27/2004, p6
The Security Service has gone online to answer questions about the organisation's training and employment prospects. The service recruits more than 60 graduates a year, and has used Graduate Prospects' live online chat room, Careers Chat Live, to discuss recruitment, training and careers in the...
- Firms make graduates jump through hoops in talent war. // Personnel Today;2/12/2002, p9
Reports the increase of job recruitment in Great Britain. Opportunity given to the graduates; Application process of the graduates; Growth of the salary.
- Charting the mismatch between aspiration, expectation and reality. Pullin, John // Professional Engineering;01/27/99, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p30
Comments on the perceived mismatch of expectations and aspirations between graduates and their potential employers in which both are not happy with what they are getting. Increase in number of graduates settling for temporary or contract appointments; Comparison of engineers and science...
- Get a grip on the future graduates, or travel will suffer. Huxley, Lucy // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;11/2/2007, Issue 2791, p11
The article discusses the need for the travel industry in Great Britain to find innovative ways to attract new graduates. According to the author, attracting high-caliber graduates must be supported by campaigns to promote brands and career opportunities. The article reveals that half of the...