THE JOBS MINE:
- Pride and Principle. Huntington, Henry S. // Progressive;Jun85, Vol. 49 Issue 6, p6
Comments on an article previously published in the periodical 'The Progressive,' concerning the 1984 British coal miners' strike.
- A Tradition of Radicalism: The Politics of the South Wales Miners, 1964-1985. Curtis, Ben // Labour History Review (Maney Publishing);Apr2011, Vol. 76 Issue 1, p34
This essay examines the political culture and history of the South Wales Area of the National Union of Mineworkers (NUM) during the later twentieth century and particularly the 1984-1985 strike. The focus of investigation is on the constituent aspects of the miners' politics: the effect of the...
- The Dignity of Decent Men. Coyle, Geoff // History Today;Dec2010, Vol. 60 Issue 12, p72
The author considers the article "1926, Social Costs of the Mining Dispute" by Chris Wrigley which was published in a 1984 issue of "History Today." It explored the 1926 mining dispute and general strike in Great Britain and compared the historical situation to the contemporary British miners'...
- Editorial. Hawkins, Susan; Kettle, Ann; Pattinson, Juliette; Potter, Jane; Simonton, Deborah // Women's History Magazine (1476-6760);Autumn2010, Issue 64, p3
This journal introduction discusses various articles published in the issue, including one by Jean Spence on the miners' strike of 1984-5, one by PÃ¤lvi Rantala on the life of Matleena HerajÃ¤rvi, an poor Finnish woman, and one by Irene Gill on the life of her activist grandmother, Olga Hempel.
- Barry Hines' Unproduced Miners' Strike Plays: An Archival Study. Vice, Sue // Journal of British Cinema & Television;2011, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p204
The article emphasizes the importance of the archiving unproduced television plays, with reference to the works of television writer Barry Hines depicting the British miners' strike in 1984 to 1985. A comparison of the plays "After the Strike," "The Diggers," and "Follow the Sun," with another...
- Burning oil in troubled times. // Management Today;Feb1995, p23
Focuses on the book `Crisis Management in the Power Industry: An Inside Story,' by Frank Ledger and Howard Sallis. Focus on the Great Miners' Strike of 1984-1985; Author's personal experiences; Implications; Expectations.
- Still the Enemy Within. Mayer, Sophie // Sight & Sound;Nov2014, Vol. 24 Issue 11, p89
No abstract available.
- See the film "Pride" for free on July 14. // Empty Closet;Jul2015, Issue 491, p28
No abstract available.
- A century of British coal mining on screen. // Coal International;Jul/Aug2009, Vol. 257 Issue 4, p18
The article reports on the three-year project titled "This Working Life: King Coal" by the British Film Institute. The project will center on the coal and its effect on Great Britain's social, economic and political life. It will also cover topics and themes such as the region's working...