Firms urged to join Deloitte skills pledge
- Deloitte survey warns of recession. // Cabinet Maker;2/1/2008, Issue 5573, p8
The article focuses on the warning of Deloitte and Touche LLP regarding the possible recession of the British economy in 2008. The company conducted a quarterly survey, which indicates that the economy will experience its weakest growth in 15 years. According to Roger Bootle, economic advisor of...
- Beyond public spending. Corney, Mark // Adults Learning;Dec2009, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p12
The article focuses on the longest recession in Great Britain which could take long to gain recovery and the nation is facing mass unemployment and higher deficits. Particular focus is given to the employment sector by improving workers' skills for new industries and providing full-time adult...
- Recession in the regions. Plant, Helen // Adults Learning;Dec2009, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p16
The article focuses on the improvement of skills and qualifications of adult's learners to cope with Great Britain's recession. Particular focus is given to learning so people can stay socially engaged and encouraged and develop knowledge to support the country's economic recovery. It also...
- NEWS. // Accountancy;Aug2011, Vol. 148 Issue 1416, p5
This section offers news briefs related to accounting in Great Britain as of August 2011. The fee income of Deloitte UK is set to increase by around 6 percent after falling by 1 percent in 2010. A structural review was launched by the Financial Reporting Council (FRC) to strengthen its...
- SPEAKING OUT. // Building Design;5/4/2012, Issue 2012, p7
The article argues against a report which shows that the British economy has declined by 0.2% in the first quarter of 2012.
- Britain back in recession, but retail made "positive contribution" to GDP. // DIY Week;5/4/2012, p3
The article focuses on the preliminary estimate from the Office of National Statistics which shows that Great Britain is in a double-dip recession, with the gross domestic product (GDP) having contracted by 0.2% in the first quarter of 2012, but the retail sector shows positive growth.
- Beware of the poison arrow. Leach, Graeme // Director;Dec1998, Vol. 52 Issue 5, p32
Opinion. Discusses economic forces working against a British recession in 1999 and at the same time urges against complacency. Low inflation; Peaking of interest rates; Depreciation in the sterling's value against the Deutschmark; Cautiousness of consumers; Subdued mortgage borrowing and house...
- Recession. // Accountancy;May93, Vol. 111 Issue 1197, p26
Reports on statistics of relevance to the current state of economic recession in Great Britain as of May 1993.
- Huge increase in apprenticeships. // Education (14637073);10/28/2011, Issue 445, p4
The article discusses the increase in apprenticeship numbers in the 2010/2011 academic year according to Great Britain's Department for Business, Innovation and Skills, with comments about the impact of the apprenticeships on the economy by Vince Cable, the Liberal Democrat Business Secretary.