PEOPLE AND POSTS
- Turner taps PR vet Powell. Schneider, Michael // Daily Variety;7/11/2001, Vol. 272 Issue 27, p3
Reports the appointment of Shirley Powell as network communications senior vice president of Turner Broadcasting. Career highlights; Job responsibilities; Views of Bradley Siegel, president of Turner Entertainment Networks on the Powell's appointment.
- Programming Executives Get New Gigs. Gibbons, Kent // Multichannel News;5/3/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 18, p8
The article announces several promotions and career developments of various cable programming executives in the U.S. including Janice Arouh as the new president of domestic distribution and marketing at Entertainment Studios Networks, Shirley Powell as executive vice president of corporate...
- People on the move. // Human Resources (09648380);Apr2009, p15
The article announces career development of executives including Lucy Adams as director at BBC People, Benmedetta Peto as human resources (HR) director at Cabot Financial and Shirley Powell as HR manager at Stannah Group.
- Verizon hires Neptune to lead products, services PR. // PRWeek (U.S. Edition);Jun2010, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p54
The article announces several appointments including Torod Neptune as the vice president of communications for products and services at Verizon Communications, Shirley Powell as executive vice president (EVP) of corporate communications at The Weather Channel, and Veronica Pollard as senior vice...
- NBC Taps Powell for Publicity. Burgi, Michael; Kemph, Anne Torpey // MediaWeek;04/12/99, Vol. 9 Issue 15, p24
Reports on the appointment of Shirley Powell as senior vice-president at NBC Entertainment Publicity. Career background of Powell; Comments from Powell.
- Powell and publicity. // Broadcasting & Cable;04/12/99, Vol. 129 Issue 15, p26
Announces the appointment of Shirley Powell as senior vice president of NBC Entertainment publicity.
- Turner shifts Powell's role. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;5/8/2003, Vol. 279 Issue 23, p16
Reports on the promotion of Shirley Powell to senior vice president of corporate communications for Turner Broadcasting System Inc. in the U.S.
- Trying to Manage the Message. Paskowski, Marianne // Television Week;3/12/2007, Vol. 26 Issue 11, p7
The author discusses the difficulties communication executives encountered in managing corporate message. She mentions that executives Shirley Powell, Jeanine Liburd, Ellen East and Meredith Wagner have spoken about the difficulties they sometimes face with their own company managers as to how a...
- Bugs on the Brain. Powell, Shirley // Home Planet News;Winter2007, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p15
Presents the poem "Bugs on the Brain," by Shirley Powell. First Line: Bewilderness when I wrote "leather"; Last Line: Green was my Valley?